"Castles, Beaches and Harbours...." Wick by nickandchris
Wick Travel Guide: 30 reviews and 126 photos
Wick is a bustling little harbour town in the very north east of Scotland,some 15 miles from Duncansby head.
As we only stopped in Wick to shop,refuel and fill with water,this page is more about the surrounding area that we explored than Wick.
A little information on Wick; this was at one time a very busy herring fishing port but as the industry declined, it became a place for leisure boats, with fishing, wildlife and sailing trips on offer these days. Wick now has three harbours in use as well as a marina.
Wick is on the mainA99/A882.
The town is well connected by rail , north west to Thurso and south to England. It also has it's own airport with business and pleasure flights to and from Aberdeen and Edinburgh.
It has a heritage centre, a distillery with a visitor centre and the usual shops and eating places. It has at least one free car park by the harbour and on street parking.
Close by is the interesting old harbour of Staxigoe. The Castles of Old Wick and Castle Sinclair Girnigoe are both set on a dramatic part of the coast close to Wick.
For more information on Wick, please look at:
- Pros:All you need....
- In a nutshell:Spectacular coastal scenery.
We spent a very quiet night at Noss Head, after visiting Girnigoe Sinclair Castle and enjoying a couple of walks along... more travel advice
A very pretty and interesting old harbour just to the north of Wick. We visited here after our stay at Noss Head and... more travel advice
nickandchris' Related Pages
Wick Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "WELCOMING WICK"
- "Castles, Beaches and Harbours...."
- "Something WICKed this way comes"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Wick
- Hotels in Wick
- Transportation in Wick
- Restaurants in Wick
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Wick
- 10 Reviews
- 51 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (103)
Have you been to Wick?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Wick
Photos in WickSee All Photos (51)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cumbria Intro, 61 reviews, 299 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dumfries and Galloway Intro, 72 reviews, 280 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Highland Intro, 56 reviews, 279 photos, 1 travelogue
- Scotland Intro, 71 reviews, 253 photos, 1 travelogue
- Prefecture of Lesvos Intro, 54 reviews, 268 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prefecture of Evia Intro, 53 reviews, 225 photos, 3 travelogues
- Yialova Intro, 55 reviews, 208 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lake District National Park Intro, 43 reviews, 199 photos, 4 travelogues
- Greece Intro, 49 reviews, 172 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paralion Astros Intro, 43 reviews, 176 photos, 5 travelogues