"Next Stop, England" Saint-Valéry-en-Caux by nickandchris
Saint-Valéry-en-Caux Travel Guide: 5 reviews and 13 photos
This was our final stay in France, on our return leg of the Greek Adventure.
St-Valery-en-Caux is a one time fishing port on the Normandy coast, with extensive beaches and is well positioned for the channel ports of Dieppe and Le Havre. Nowadays, tourism is it's biggest business, with a modern marina and a popular beachside casino. It's population is in the region of 6000.
It is actually twinned with Inverness, in Scotland. During WW2 St. Valery was almost totally destroyed by the Germans and the 51st Highland Division were captured here in 1940. The friendly natives befriended the Scots who, in 1944, returned to St. Valery and liberated them. The entire centre of the town was rebuilt after the war.
- Pros:Great for gamblers
- Cons:Too popular
nickandchris' Related Pages
Saint-Valéry-en-Caux Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "St Valery en Caux"
- "Quaint French seaside town"
- "Next Stop, England"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Saint-Valéry-en-Caux
- 1 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (37)
Have you been to Saint-Valéry-en-Caux?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Saint-Valéry-en-Caux
Photos in Saint-Valéry-en-CauxSee All Photos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cumbria Intro, 55 reviews, 269 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dumfries and Galloway Intro, 70 reviews, 254 photos, 4 travelogues
- Prefecture of Lesvos Intro, 54 reviews, 268 photos, 5 travelogues
- Scotland Intro, 70 reviews, 248 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Highland Intro, 52 reviews, 258 photos, 1 travelogue
- Yialova Intro, 55 reviews, 208 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lake District National Park Intro, 41 reviews, 189 photos, 4 travelogues
- Greece Intro, 49 reviews, 172 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paralion Astros Intro, 43 reviews, 176 photos, 5 travelogues
- Koroni Intro, 40 reviews, 174 photos, 5 travelogues