"Living by do nothing in Pai" Top 5 Page for this destination Pai by zazatann

Pai Travel Guide: 105 reviews and 187 photos

Do nothing in Pai

This is the right place for my lazy day.

Pai, a small village in a beautiful mountain area of Mae Hong son province, the north of Thailand.
I pack my cloth and catch the flight for work in Chiang Mai.

I look quite funny when people see me in a very formal cloth but dirty bagpack.

No one knows I wait for the day to finish my work and continue my own trip to Pai later on…

RECOMMEND WEBSITE OF "PAI"

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

An Orange bus to Pai

I say good bye to all my colleague after finish tiring suck work….(ha..) I slept only 4 hours a day and it seems like ‘Pai’ is the right place for me to go.

Fay, my best friend comes to meet in Chiang Mai to join my trip after I finish worked. We start our early day to ‘Chang Puek’ bus station and catch Orange Bus, a local slang Thai word which it means cheap, old, slow and open air public bus. It costs only 69 Baht.

Orange bus leave only 7.00 and 9.00 a.m. and it takes about 4 hours to get to Pai.
You can look for a minivan from there to Pai. It costs about 160 Baht/person. It takes about 3 hours.

Small little 'Pai'

This is my 3rd times to visit Pai. Today Pai is like a big girl who is getting to teenager. My first time at about 10 years ago, Pai was like a little girl who was so pure and innocent.

I still love Pai today even though it changes a lot. I accept it because even I also changed. I don’t wear the same cloth as when my first visit, new bag and new age (older…). But it seems like Fay gets more excited than me as usual.

Oh well, seeing 4 children ride on the same bike is quite exciting. Don't you think??

• Last visit to Pai: Dec 2005
  • Intro Updated Feb 28, 2007

• BillNJ's Profile Photo
    Dec 20, 2009 at 6:28 AM

Great tips and photos. Pai looks like a very nice town -- I can see why Mr. Toottoo moved there to open his business. Also, I like your coffee tip -- sounds delicious!

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Nov 30, 2009 at 7:48 PM

Nice looking place for massages!

• goutammitra's Profile Photo
    Jun 11, 2009 at 10:58 PM

Nice week end gateway destination for relaxing. I support your cause to help the locals by buying some handmade stuff.

• umashanker's Profile Photo
    Apr 22, 2008 at 12:56 AM

Very intersting page, In Goa too renting a bike is popular among tourists.

• markbank's Profile Photo
    Feb 3, 2008 at 7:17 AM

hope will be there oneday,,,i think pai nice place,,,,

• dassi's Profile Photo
    Aug 26, 2007 at 5:02 PM

This place sounds like Paradise. You made me want even more to come to your country.Thank you very much :) Greetings from Iceland

• AlbuqRay's Profile Photo
    Jul 29, 2007 at 7:51 AM

Pai is one of my favorite places in Thailand. I especially liked the hot springs and the elephant ride in the river. Thanks for the tips, Teya. They brought back some good memories.

• VeronicaG's Profile Photo
    May 31, 2007 at 7:30 AM

Loved the flowers at the market place! It sounds like you found the peace and quiet you were seeking in Pai--thanks for the introduction. Regards from Texas...

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo
    Feb 24, 2007 at 5:48 AM

great tips!

• austarman's Profile Photo
    Feb 6, 2007 at 2:24 PM

Pai seems like an interesting little place, I can see from your smiles that you enjoyed it. ;-)

zazatann