"Banyuwangi" Banyuwangi by blue_sky04
Banyuwangi Travel Guide: 17 reviews and 37 photos
Located in the eastern part of Java island, Banyuwangi is well-known as the producer of banana fruit in Indonesia. One of the specific food/snacks of Banyuwangi is made of banana - called "pisang sale" in Indonesian language (pisang = banana).
Banyuwangi has a port (Ketapang) which connect Java Island with Bali Island. It takes approximately 20 minutes to cross the strait.
The photo I place here was taken from the boat on my way to Bali. It shows the Ketapang port with the background of Mount Raung, an active volcano.
An important cultural heritage in Banyuwangi is a culture & language named "Osing".
This is a photo of traditional sulful mine in Mt. Ijen, which can be reached from Banyuwangi or Bondowoso.
The park has many animals and a beach inside. This is a photo from the Baluran beach.
- Pros:interesting places to visit, friendly people
- Cons:no direct flight
This park is located in the southeast of Banyuwangi. It has beach forest, mangroves, and savanna. You will be able to... more travel advice
Beautiful Mountain with a traditional sulfurs mine. It is also known as Ijen Crater (Kawah Ijen) as the mountain has a... more travel advice
blue_sky04's Related Pages
Banyuwangi Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Banyuwangi Page"
- "Banyuwangi, the hidden beauty of East Java"
- "The Harvest Land"
- "Tag end of east Java"
- "Banyuwang - definitely - welcome to East Java"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Banyuwangi
- Hotels in Banyuwangi
- Transportation in Banyuwangi
- Nightlife in Banyuwangi
- Restaurants in Banyuwangi
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Banyuwangi
- 5 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Banyuwangi?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Banyuwangi
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Surabaya Intro, 45 reviews, 58 photos, 5 travelogues
- Beijing Intro, 29 reviews, 59 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tengger Caldera Intro, 28 reviews, 26 photos
- Vancouver Intro, 16 reviews, 19 photos
- Oregon Intro, 12 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- San Francisco Intro, 14 reviews, 17 photos
- Bali Intro, 14 reviews, 16 photos
- Taipei Intro, 9 reviews, 20 photos
- Hong Kong Intro, 13 reviews, 12 photos
- New York City Intro, 11 reviews, 13 photos