"Welcome" blue_sky04's Profile

Thank you for dropping by!

About my fav places:

Alaska – I truly love Alaska for its natural wonder. It's the most beautiful place I've visited so far, and an extraordinary experience for me to see the Orcas from a close distance. It's the most memorable driving experience as well – beautiful scenery along the way.

Israel & Egypt – I love their history and archeology. Visiting the Biblical sites in Israel is an unforgettable experience. I also like the Great Pyramids and Sphinx at Giza.

Paris & San Francisco – I love their beauty and uniqueness. Paris is an artistically designed and romantic place. San Francisco is beautiful, too. I like the Victorian houses, and I like eating clam chowder when visiting SF.

Hong Kong – It’s a lively and exciting place. I love visiting Hong Kong -- enjoy the food, do some shopping occasionally, and meet my best friend (and her husband and daughter sometimes). I've been to Hong Kong many times – whether it is as my main destination, a stop over when traveling to other countries, or just a short or long transits.

In addition to Hong Kong, places abroad which I've visited more than once:
- San Francisco (6x)
- Singapore (4x)
- Seattle (4x)
- Los Angeles (4x)
- Vancouver-BC (2x)
And I've lived in Sacramento (California) & Corvallis (Oregon).

My next trip: Florida (main destination) and hopefully Brazil.

I've not updated my travel pages at the moment. If you have any questions about my country, my city, or my travel experiences to other countries, feel free to ask me.

Enjoy your visit here and Happy travel !
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Things I usually do when visiting a city (part 1)

Visit the landmark – I like to see great architectures/structures - towers, buildings, churches, bridge, etc....

Visit museums – National/historical museum, art museum, science museum, or other kinds of museum. I like the Museum of The History of Science in Florence (Italy), Vasa Museum in Stockholm (Sweden), Rodin Museum in Paris (France), & the Miniature Museum in Taipei (Taiwan).

Try local food, beverages, or fruits – I especially love Asian (Indonesian, Thai, Malaysian, Chinese, Vietnamese, Korean, Singaporean) and Italian food, but I like tasting other kinds of food as well.

Things I usually do...... (part 2)

Learn the culture – I like to see local arts, customs, or dances.
I went to the Tillicum Village show in Seattle for the Native American-Indian culture; the Tamaki show in Auckland for the Maori culture; the Chinese Opera in Beijing; the Israeli Folklore show in Jerusalem; the El Viejo Almacen in Buenos Aires for the Argentine Tango dancing show.

Visiting Zoo, Aquarium/Sea World, or certain animal parks – I love all kinds of animals. I've visited some zoos and aquariums/sea worlds in different countries, Butterfly Park and Jurong Bird Park in Singapore, & Snake Farming and Elephant Park in Thailand, Sea World in San Diego, Aquarium in Vancouver BC, etc.

Visiting Parks or Botanical Gardens – I love flowers and plants.
I especially like roses, tulips, cherry blossoms, and Willow trees; but I enjoy seeing different kinds of flowers and plants.

Surabaya - Indonesia

Surabaya is the second largest city in Indonesia and the capital of East Java Province. Although It's not as popular as Bali Island, East Java actually offers interesting places to visit. Surabaya is basically the gate to reach other places around the province. Some of the most popular places around East Java (outside Surabaya itself):
- Bromo-Tengger-Semeru National Park
- City of Malang
- Trowulan - the remains of Majapahit Kingdom
- Plengkung beach in Banyuwangi - one of the best surfing places in the world.
- Mt Ijen and Baluran National Park in Banyuwangi

4. Great Wall in China
5. Forbidden City in Beijing-China
6. Taipei 101 in Taipei-Taiwan
7. Empire State Building in New York-USA
8. World Trade Center in New York-USA (unfortunately it's gone)
9. Opera House in Sydney-Australia
17. The Masada in Israel
18. Hoover Dam in Arizona/Nevada - USA
19. Colloseum in Rome - Italy
20. Cu Chi tunnels - Vietnam

List of great natural wonders

1. Alaska - USA

Jan 13, 2009 at 11:19 PM

Happy New Year Hauoli Makahiki Hou

• MalenaN's Profile Photo
    Jan 1, 2009 at 11:49 PM

Happy New Year Fenny! Have a great year full of fun travels!

• cokes's Profile Photo
    Jan 1, 2009 at 12:07 AM

I`m fine thanks Fenny and how are you? Merry Xmas to you too and I do wish you a very happy New Year. All the Best for 2009

• hunwagner's Profile Photo
    Dec 31, 2008 at 5:28 AM

Selamat Tahun Baru juga - dari Tanzania.

• chiabh's Profile Photo
    Dec 31, 2008 at 3:55 AM

hi fenny... i am fine... and a very happy new year to you... may 2009 brings you all that you wish for... ~chia

• h4pp1's Profile Photo
    Dec 30, 2008 at 5:45 PM

hi fen..... apa kabar, met tahun baru 2009 M, may all d'best come 2 us, ameen

• Martin_S.'s Profile Photo
    Oct 5, 2008 at 2:03 AM

Shalom, just a note before we leave for Istanbul, will write when we return ^O^ Martin

• mallyak's Profile Photo
    Mar 5, 2008 at 10:37 PM

Hello fenny, I really enjoyed your pages.We missed surabaya when we visited Indonesi..perhaps the next time.Hope you visit Sydney again.

• Waalewiener's Profile Photo
    Jan 10, 2008 at 11:36 AM

Thank you Fenny Lori & I wishing you a wonderful year 2008 Lots of travelling of course

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
blue_sky04's Profile Photo

blue_sky04

“Life is either a daring adventure or nothing [Helen Keller]”

Real Name