"A Place of Fascinating Contrasts" Cancún by spgood301
Cancún Travel Guide: 1,959 reviews and 3,926 photos
I went to Cancun looking for several things: fun in the sun, great nightlife, meeting wonderful people, and a little history too. And I got all of that there. Amidst all of the hotel and nightclub sprawl of Cancun (and there's a whole lot if it there too), there's still the sense that you've entered a place with a great past. Indeed, the remains of an ancient Mayan civilization are no more than a short drive from the hotel zone.
The thing that struck me when I left Cancun was the big smile I had on my face. The people I met, looking over the beach having a few Coronas, my day at Chichen Itza and, yes, the idiot I made of myself at times. Memories to last a lifetime. I left a lot of things undone but that's OK - I can't wait to go back. The Mayan Riviera ROCKS!!!
And if you were staying at the JW Marriott and saw some guy taking pictures of the sunrise while in his underwear...yeah, that was me. Sorry! But enjoy the piccie anyway.
A whole lot of beach, and a whole lot of hotel
I really like this picture. I took on the beach at sunrise. It was a little hazy that morning - do you think that enhances this picture?
- Pros:You can do just about anything you want to do here.
- Cons:Very sprawling - things are a bit too spread out.
- In a nutshell:I left with a big smile on my face. Enough said.
Well, just hang out on the beach for a while. The advertising banners on the little planes flying over Cancun's beaches... more travel advice
If not at the hotel pool, I may also have been found here. The CasaMagna Resort also has an outstanding beach view... more travel advice
spgood301's Related Pages
Cancún Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Paradise in the Carribean"
- "Spring Break 24/7/365"
- "Cancun Condo"
- "CANCUN ---PARADISE IN MEXICO"
- "Cancun, Mexico"
- "Cancun, Mexico"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Cancún
- Hotels in Cancún
- Transportation in Cancún
- Nightlife in Cancún
- Restaurants in Cancún
- Shopping in Cancún
- Warnings and Dangers in Cancún
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cancún
- 16 Reviews
- 30 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Cancún?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cancún
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: The sharing of marriage..."
- Commented on one of keida84's Cancún travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "The beach can be an eerie place sometimes..."
- created a Cancún Travelogue "The beach can be an eerie place sometimes..."
- Wrote a Review Good Times at Pat's in Cancún Restaurants
Photos in CancúnSee All Photos (30)
Top 10 Pages
- Chicago Intro, 44 reviews, 92 photos, 1 travelogue
- Philadelphia Intro, 41 reviews, 65 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Intro, 20 reviews, 64 photos, 1 travelogue
- New York City Intro, 16 reviews, 60 photos, 6 travelogues
- London Intro, 21 reviews, 47 photos, 1 travelogue
- San Francisco Intro, 39 reviews, 27 photos
- Los Angeles Intro, 22 reviews, 32 photos, 3 travelogues
- Charleston Intro, 6 reviews, 42 photos, 2 travelogues
- Cancún Intro, 16 reviews, 30 photos, 1 travelogue
- Baltimore Intro, 5 reviews, 38 photos, 4 travelogues