"I LIKE my history with a shot and a beer!!!" Philadelphia by spgood301

Philadelphia Travel Guide: 2,096 reviews and 4,059 photos

Set me up, barkeep...and one for old Ben too!

It was my first night in Philadelphia. I was at the bar, had just ordered dinner. A lady walks in and says to the bartender "gimme a shot of jack". The bartender sets her up. She announces "to a hard days work and to love lost". She slams down her shot, puts her money down and walks out of the bar.

I think I'm gonna like this Philadelphia place.

History? We gots history.

And LOTS of history. Philadelphia is one of the cradles of freedom, of American history. The Declaration of Independence was written here. It was America's capital for a while. So many famous people. People who mattered. Philadelphia matters. Always has, always will.

Come join me on an adventure to freedom's front yard. My page is a work in progress. Hope you'll come back for more (but maybe not in February - it gets cold here!)

• Last visit to Philadelphia: Apr 2006
  • Intro Updated Feb 19, 2007

• Kisses&Co's Profile Photo
    Oct 14, 2008 at 8:19 PM

Hehehe, it's very confidential document, Mr. SB! Nobody can see it except me and even you, can't open that file :-P

• Camping_Girl's Profile Photo
    Sep 5, 2008 at 5:57 PM

I think I would really enjoy Philadelphia, especially the history.

• VZ-Pam's Profile Photo
    May 8, 2008 at 1:07 PM

very interesting Philly page, can't wait to go there

• shohman's Profile Photo
    Feb 18, 2008 at 1:54 PM

I've seen many of the murals here..sadly, I never had a camera on me. Of course this was BV(Before VT)

• IMthat1girl000's Profile Photo
    Jul 24, 2007 at 7:11 AM

Wow that was fast! I think you commented I was writing my page. Really like your tips on Philly. I hope to go back for a longer trip. Take care!

• Hexepatty's Profile Photo
    Jun 30, 2007 at 10:08 PM

Just saw the movie, "Sicko." You really have to see it. If you are not disgusted, God Bless your Soul! ; )

• Apr 23, 2007 at 11:47 AM

Steve, are you helping Ida for her NYC trip in October? Do we really have to jam her in a NYC dinky hotel?

• SullyBiz's Profile Photo
    Mar 9, 2007 at 7:39 AM

you've got some good tips going here. I'll have to stop by again, when I'm planning my weekend trip this way in June. Hope all is well!

• hotsauce28's Profile Photo
    Mar 6, 2007 at 6:17 PM

i have NO tips for Colorado.. i'm just being a lazy @ss..

• Dyesebel's Profile Photo
    Feb 23, 2007 at 11:06 AM

Hahaha;) actually i haven't tried to jump yet;) might die tho';) when i was little(well i didn't really grow tall);), i told myself, the 1st country(State) i'll visit was NY, it did happen but only at at the airport(JFK) and stranded 5hrs;)

spgood301

“That's MY waterfall!!!”

Badges & Stats in Philadelphia

Have you been to Philadelphia?