"Monterey Magic!" Monterey by spgood301
Monterey Travel Guide: 932 reviews and 2,787 photos
Welcome to the Monterey Peninsula, one of California and America's treasures. Have some seafood, play a round of golf, take a deep breath and enjoy one of the most breathtaking places on earth.
If you ever visit the Monterey Peninsula, you must do the 17 Mile Drive, on the Pebble Beach property. Enter at one of 3 gates: Pacific Heights (just past Monterey), Carmel or by Route 1.
The Drive takes you by some of the world's greatest golf courses, beautiful homes (people actually live here!), and the most breathtaking coastline you'll ever see. Whoever or whatever created this masterpiece sure knew how to awe us!
The Drive has some 18 cutoffs where you can get out and take all the pictures you want. There are a few beaches, you can picnic... or just chill out, listen to and watch the most amazing show you'll ever see-and it's all live!
While you're there, make sure you check out all of the wildlife: many species of birds, seals and sea lions in season, and other animals. Many don't mind you hanging out with them a bit-just don't feed them!
And make sure you see the Lone Cypress. It's 250 years old, older than the whole country! Yeah, it's getting up in age now, but so majestic. I hope it stands forever.
The 17 Mile Drive, and the Monterey Peninsula-truly "God's Country"!!!
- Pros:Some of the best scenery & wildlife you'll ever see-WOW!!!
- Cons:Parts of Monterey can get a little crowded
- In a nutshell:When you're in California, you gotta go there!
Being at Pebble Beach is a thrill, whether you like golf or not! Part of the 17 Mile Drive, Pebble Beach is one of... more travel advice
At one time, Monterey was the sardine packing capital of the world. Cannery Row was then the heart of the sardine... more travel advice
spgood301's Related Pages
Monterey Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Watching the Sunset in Monterey..."
- "City by the Sea"
- "Monterey - Beginning of the U.S. tour"
- "Monterey and Its Beautiful Big Sur Country"
- "Life's a Kelp Forest..."
- "First Capitol of California"
- "Monterey Magic!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Monterey
- Hotels in Monterey
- Transportation in Monterey
- Nightlife in Monterey
- Restaurants in Monterey
- Shopping in Monterey
- Warnings and Dangers in Monterey
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Monterey
- 10 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 16 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Monterey?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Monterey
Top 10 Pages
- Chicago Intro, 44 reviews, 92 photos, 1 travelogue
- Philadelphia Intro, 41 reviews, 65 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Intro, 20 reviews, 64 photos, 1 travelogue
- New York City Intro, 16 reviews, 60 photos, 6 travelogues
- London Intro, 21 reviews, 47 photos, 1 travelogue
- San Francisco Intro, 39 reviews, 27 photos
- Los Angeles Intro, 22 reviews, 32 photos, 3 travelogues
- Charleston Intro, 6 reviews, 42 photos, 2 travelogues
- Cancún Intro, 16 reviews, 30 photos, 1 travelogue
- Baltimore Intro, 5 reviews, 38 photos, 4 travelogues