"CHEYENNE, WYOMING" Top 5 Page for this destination Cheyenne by Rich62
Cheyenne Travel Guide: 78 reviews and 141 photos
They have done a nice job fixing up the old depot area. Its a beautiful structure that is just south of downtown.
But these days most folks arrive here by car, not train. Cheyenne is at the intersection of Interstates 80 and 25. 80 takes you west to Laramie or east into Nebraska. 25 can take you south to Denver or north to Casper.
This is the handsome capitol building in Cheyenne. Cheyenne is one of the smaller state capitols, with a population around 53,000. So its easy to get around. Near the capitol building is a nice Wyoming museum, and downtown is an easy walk to the south.
Little America is a sprawling complex that cannot be captured by a photo unless from an airplane. There is a motel, restaurant, gift shop, gasoline station, golf course, and probably more.
Its located at the west end of town, just west of Interstate 25. Take highway 30 through town (Its also called the interstate 80 business route) until you see the big sign proclaiming Little America. Its an interesting stop, and the food is pretty good too.
- Pros:ITS A LOT MORE CIVILIZED THAN IT USED TO BE.
- Cons:ITS A LOT MORE CIVILIZED THAN IT USED TO BE.
- In a nutshell:CHEYENNE STILL HAS THAT WESTERN FLAVOR.
THIS ELEGANT HOME was the first Governor's Mansion to be built in Wyoming. There is no admission charge, and you can... more travel advice
IF YOU GET OFF THE INTERSTATE AND ONTO HIGHWAY 30, it will take you right into Cheyenne. This is the view coming from... more travel advice
Rich62's Related Pages
Cheyenne Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "State capital or small town?"
- "Frontier Days"
- "Frontier Capital City"
- "CHEYENNE, WYOMING"
- "Cheyenne - a part of American history"
- "Cheyenne : a name not like the others"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Cheyenne
- Hotels in Cheyenne
- Transportation in Cheyenne
- Nightlife in Cheyenne
- Restaurants in Cheyenne
- Shopping in Cheyenne
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cheyenne
- 11 Reviews
- 31 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (18)
Have you been to Cheyenne?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cheyenne
Photos in CheyenneSee All Photos (31)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kearney Intro, 139 reviews, 399 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Omaha Intro, 42 reviews, 157 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lincoln Intro, 32 reviews, 120 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nebraska Intro, 36 reviews, 98 photos
- Georgetown Intro, 27 reviews, 106 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fredericksburg Intro, 19 reviews, 90 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Collins Intro, 27 reviews, 80 photos
- Boston Intro, 19 reviews, 71 photos
- Washington D.C. Intro, 17 reviews, 71 photos
- Austin Intro, 19 reviews, 69 photos