"ISOLATION ON THE HIGH PRAIRIE: CARPENTER, WYOMING" Carpenter by Rich62
Carpenter Travel Guide: 3 reviews and 14 photos
There are three churches in town, as far as we could tell. This one is the Catholic Church. Here we met a 90-something gentleman who let us in so that I could work on the piano. He was suffering from cancer of the esophagus and was undergoing chemotherapy, but "Jim" had the most positive, happy outlook on life that you could imagine. We will always remember meeting him.
When we arrived in Carpenter to work on the church piano, the church was locked. The fellowwho was to unlock it for us had forgotten. So we stopped at the post office for help. Two ladies were working there and they were truly delighted to try to help us. After making about four phone calls, they finally came up with a couple who had a key to the church. That's when "Jim" came over and let us in.
Well, its not a mystery to anyone from Carpenter, I'm sure, but we don't know what it is. maybe a cafe? All we know is that there was a handwritten note on the door saying that if no one was there, call Marge and she would be right over.
Carpenter is a tiny town in the southeast corner of Wyoming, near the Colorado line. From Interstate 80, take the Burns/Carpenter exit and go south on highway 214 (its paved and smooth) for about ten miles or so.
If its a clear day, look to the southwest horizon. See those low clouds? Look again! Those aren't clouds, those are the faraway Rocky Mountains of Colorado!
- Pros:CRYSTAL CLEAR AIR TO BREATHE, NICE PEOPLE TO MEET
- Cons:NO MOTELS, RESTAURANTS, DOCTORS, ETC.
- In a nutshell:A GEM OF ISOLATION
I really don't know if this tiny grocery store is open for business or not, but there it is. more travel advice
CARPENTER HAS A NICE NEW SCHOOL BUILDING, I'M SURE THEY ARE PROUD OF IT. OF COURSE, ANY VISITORS MUST CHECK IN AT THE... more travel advice
Rich62's Related Pages
Carpenter Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "ISOLATION ON THE HIGH PRAIRIE: CARPENTER, WYOMING"
- Create a Carpenter Travel Page
Badges & Stats in Carpenter
- 4 Reviews
- 14 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (148)
Have you been to Carpenter?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Carpenter
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kearney Intro, 139 reviews, 399 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Omaha Intro, 42 reviews, 157 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lincoln Intro, 32 reviews, 120 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nebraska Intro, 36 reviews, 98 photos
- Georgetown Intro, 27 reviews, 106 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fredericksburg Intro, 19 reviews, 90 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Collins Intro, 27 reviews, 80 photos
- Boston Intro, 19 reviews, 71 photos
- Washington D.C. Intro, 17 reviews, 71 photos
- Austin Intro, 19 reviews, 69 photos