"Moundsville, WV" Moundsville by Rich62
Moundsville Travel Guide: 6 reviews and 19 photos
JUST A FEW MILES WEST OF THE WEST VIRGINIA STATE LINE, and heading eastbound.
IF WE CONTINUE EAST, we will head into Wheeling. Instead, we will turn south to Moundsville, then east toward Pennsylvania. Crossing this "neck" of West Virginia, the state is less than ten miles wide. However, the road we took was so curvy I think it took 30 miles.
NOW IN ADDITION TO FOG IT HAS STARTED TO RAIN on our parade, so to speak. But here we enter West Virginia up at the little "neck" part of the state between Ohio and Pennsylvania.
The drive through the neck was very picturesque, but it did make us appreciate the straight-as-an-arrow roads of the midwest and the 70 or 75 mph speed limits.
IN WEST VIRGINIA BUT JUST A STONE'S THROW FROM OHIO is the town of Moundsville, WV.
- Pros:maybe we didn't see the nicer parts of town
- Cons:lots of delapidated buildings
- In a nutshell:maybe we should visit again and look around more
Rich62's Related Pages
Moundsville Travel Guide
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Moundsville
- 1 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (18)
Have you been to Moundsville?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Moundsville
Photos in MoundsvilleSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kearney Intro, 139 reviews, 399 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Omaha Intro, 42 reviews, 157 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lincoln Intro, 31 reviews, 115 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nebraska Intro, 36 reviews, 98 photos
- Georgetown Intro, 27 reviews, 106 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fredericksburg Intro, 19 reviews, 90 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Collins Intro, 27 reviews, 80 photos
- Boston Intro, 19 reviews, 71 photos
- Washington D.C. Intro, 17 reviews, 71 photos
- Austin Intro, 19 reviews, 69 photos