"Salado, Texas" Salado by Rich62
Salado Travel Guide: 26 reviews and 66 photos
The beautiful Salado mermaid was washed away by a flood but as of 2013 she has returned!
This photo shows her before the flood. See my "things to do" tip below for her new appearance.
Salado is easy to get to. Its right along I-35, about 35 miles north of Austin and perhaps 45 miles south of Waco. There are two exits to Salado off of I-35. The town runs parallel to I-35 just to the east of the interstate. You will find lots of shopping, art stores, craft stores, etc.
THIS MAP OF SALADO STANDS BESIDE MAIN STREET JUST SOUTH OF THE RIVER.
- Pros:Peaceful as can be
- Cons:Naturally, its hot there in mid-summer
- In a nutshell:A great travel stop
Here are photos of the mermaid in her new surroundings, but the same location as before the flood. more travel advice
This is just a typical art store in Salado. You can find paintings, sculptures, pottery, or pretty much whatever you... more travel advice
Rich62's Related Pages
Salado Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "SALADO-Small Town Flavor with Heaps of Appeal!"
- "Salado, Texas"
- "Basaic Salado Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Salado
- Hotels in Salado
- Restaurants in Salado
- Shopping in Salado
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Salado
- 5 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (18)
Have you been to Salado?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Salado
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kearney Intro, 139 reviews, 399 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Omaha Intro, 42 reviews, 157 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lincoln Intro, 31 reviews, 115 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nebraska Intro, 36 reviews, 98 photos
- Georgetown Intro, 27 reviews, 106 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fredericksburg Intro, 19 reviews, 90 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Collins Intro, 27 reviews, 80 photos
- Boston Intro, 19 reviews, 71 photos
- Washington D.C. Intro, 17 reviews, 71 photos
- Austin Intro, 19 reviews, 69 photos