Georgetown Warnings Or Dangers Tips by Rich62
Georgetown Warnings and Dangers: 6 reviews and 21 photos
SNOW ON MY WINDSHIELD, IN TEXAS!
As these photos show, it can snow in Georgetown, on rare occasions. This was a 2 inch snowfall in February 2010. By the next day, it was gone, except for the snowmen that people had constructed in their front yards all over town!
Its only dangerous because Texas natives don't have a lot of experience driving on snowy roads.
THE LOCAL PAPER
AS THE LOCAL PAPER SHOWS, a fatal flight started at the Georgetown airport. In February of 2010 a man intentionally flew a small aircraft into the side of an office building in Austin, killing one man inside and destroying the building.
TAKE THIS EXIT, TURN NORTH ON SCENIC ROAD
HOPE YOU DON'T, BUT IF YOU NEED A HOSPITAL, here it is. Take I-35 exit 260.
Its just north of the Post Office, just east of the interstate.
Its on Scenic Road.
"YOU WERE GOING A LITTLE FAST BACK THERE."
IN DRIVING AROUND GEORGETOWN we often see the Sherriff's Department cars as well as Georgetown Police vehicles. And they often have speeders stopped. Let this be your word to the wise.
DEER BY THE ROADSIDE
Deer are plentiful and you need to watch for them lurking by the roadside, especially at dawn or dusk. They are beautiful but not the brightest of creatures and may dart onto the road at the last second. They cause many accidents.
A FERAL HOG, DEAD BESIDE THE ROAD
These are nasty-tempered, destructive animals. They are mainly nocturnal and difficult to kill. This one met up with a car or truck on the road. Stay clear of any live ones that you see.
More Reviews (21)
Rich62's Related Pages
Georgetown Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Georgetown--Historic District, B&B's & University"
- "JUST AT THE EDGE OF THE AUSTIN HUSTLE & BUSTLE"
- "Keeweechic's Georgetown"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Georgetown
- Hotels in Georgetown
- Restaurants in Georgetown
- Shopping in Georgetown
- Warnings and Dangers in Georgetown
- See All...
Explore the World
- Banani Model Town Hotels
- Okinawa City Hotels
- Kampung Genting Hotels
- North Queensferry
- West Monroe Hotels
- Kazimierz Dolny
- Ladakh Range
- Altitude sickness
- Adana Ili Warnings and Dangers
- Olympic National Park Warnings and Dangers
- Padova Warnings and Dangers
- Bandung Warnings and Dangers
- Pulau Redang Warnings and Dangers
- Luang Prabang Warnings and Dangers
- Canyon Warnings and Dangers
- Province of Negros Oriental Warnings and Dangers
- Libya Warnings and Dangers
- Skiathos Warnings and Dangers
Badges & Stats in Georgetown
- 27 Reviews
- 106 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (18)
Have you been to Georgetown?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Georgetown
Photos in GeorgetownSee All Photos (106)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kearney Intro, 139 reviews, 399 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Omaha Intro, 42 reviews, 157 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lincoln Intro, 31 reviews, 115 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nebraska Intro, 36 reviews, 98 photos
- Georgetown Intro, 27 reviews, 106 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fredericksburg Intro, 19 reviews, 90 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Collins Intro, 27 reviews, 80 photos
- Boston Intro, 19 reviews, 71 photos
- Washington D.C. Intro, 17 reviews, 71 photos
- Austin Intro, 19 reviews, 69 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (11)
Latest Georgetown hotel reviews