"JUST AT THE EDGE OF THE AUSTIN HUSTLE & BUSTLE" Georgetown by Rich62
Georgetown Travel Guide: 56 reviews and 182 photos
SOUTHWESTERN UNIVERSITY IS a four-year institution with NCAA division 3 sports.
To reach Southwestern from Interstate 35, take exit 261 and go east. You will be on highway 29, also known as University Avenue. Near the east end of town you will see the University on the north side of the street. You can drive your car through the campus. Parking, of course, is at a premium but there are a few visitor spaces marked.
THIS IS A BEAUTIFUL NEW MALL recently completed in Georgetown. The photo shows some of the many stores available (see more in my "shopping" tips).
To reach Wolf Ranch, take exit 261 and go west a very short distance. You will see it on the south side of the street.
The original property on which the mall was built was indeed a ranch and was called Wolf Ranch. Its nice that they preserved the name.
THERE ARE MANY HISTORIC BUILDINGS in the Georgetown town square, not the least of which is the courthouse itself, in the center of things. There is also a visitor center on the square.
To reach the square, take Exit # 261 and go east on University Avenue until you reach Austin Avenue, then turn north a few blocks and watch for the courthouse on the east side of the street.
- Pros:ITS STILL A SMALL TOWN
- Cons:TOO MANY DEER; THEY EAT EVERYTHING YOU GROW
- In a nutshell:ITS A NICE TOWN
This is my wife's favorite shop in Georgetown, its just a half block off of the town square. It has every kind of... more travel advice
AS THE LOCAL PAPER SHOWS, a fatal flight started at the Georgetown airport. In February of 2010 a man intentionally flew... more travel advice
Rich62's Related Pages
Georgetown Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Georgetown--Historic District, B&B's & University"
- "JUST AT THE EDGE OF THE AUSTIN HUSTLE & BUSTLE"
- "Keeweechic's Georgetown"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Georgetown
- Hotels in Georgetown
- Restaurants in Georgetown
- Shopping in Georgetown
- Warnings and Dangers in Georgetown
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Georgetown
- 27 Reviews
- 106 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (18)
Have you been to Georgetown?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Georgetown
Photos in GeorgetownSee All Photos (106)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kearney Intro, 139 reviews, 399 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Omaha Intro, 42 reviews, 157 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lincoln Intro, 31 reviews, 115 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nebraska Intro, 36 reviews, 98 photos
- Georgetown Intro, 27 reviews, 106 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fredericksburg Intro, 19 reviews, 90 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Collins Intro, 27 reviews, 80 photos
- Boston Intro, 19 reviews, 71 photos
- Washington D.C. Intro, 17 reviews, 71 photos
- Austin Intro, 19 reviews, 69 photos