"FREDERICKSBURG, TEXAS" Top 5 Page for this destination Fredericksburg by Rich62
Fredericksburg Travel Guide: 202 reviews and 649 photos
About ten miles east of Fredericksburg are two interesting wineries. The Becker Winery is one of them. President George W. Bush uses Becker wines for many White House banquets. Yet many of their wines are reasonably priced. There is no charge for tasting, except for "reserve" wines.
The interesting building in the photo is but a small part of this museum complex. If you are interested in the Pacific Theatre of World War II, this is a must stop. This was known as the Nimitz Hotel and was built to resemble a steamboat. It is now part of the museum complex.
For more on this museum, see my "things to do" tips found below.
By the way the population of Fredericksburg is 8,911.
The nation's largest wildflower seed production farm is just a few miles east of Fredericksburg on highway 290 (near the Beckery Winery). We were there in February so no wildflowers were blooming but it is still an interesting facility to see at any time.
- Pros:great German food, great wines, lots of shopping
- Cons:I'm sure it would be hot there in the summer, but so what?
- In a nutshell:A favorite town to visit in the state of Texas
You may be fortunate to see a ceremony such as this one; an old soldier is honored with a plaque on an outdoor wall.... more travel advice
A fun place, often with live music, Texas-style. The beer was cold and good. more travel advice
Rich62's Related Pages
Fredericksburg Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Fredericksburg-A Charming and Historic Town"
- "Beautiful Hill Country"
- "A visit to Fredericksburg, Texas"
- "FREDERICKSBURG, TEXAS"
- "Welcome to China Bayles territory"
- "Fredericksburg, Texas"
- "Welcome to the Capital of the Hill Country!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Fredericksburg
- Hotels in Fredericksburg
- Transportation in Fredericksburg
- Nightlife in Fredericksburg
- Restaurants in Fredericksburg
- Shopping in Fredericksburg
- Warnings and Dangers in Fredericksburg
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Fredericksburg
- 19 Reviews
- 90 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (18)
Have you been to Fredericksburg?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Fredericksburg
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "You are right! The NCAA..."
- Wrote a Review CEREMONY AT THE NIMITZ MUSEUM about Admiral Nimitz Museum in Fredericksburg Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "CEREMONY AT THE NIMITZ MUSEUM"
- Uploaded a Video to Fredericksburg
- updated a Fredericksburg Travel Page "FREDERICKSBURG, TEXAS"
- Commented on one of 807Wheaton's Fredericksburg travel pages
Photos in FredericksburgSee All Photos (90)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kearney Intro, 139 reviews, 399 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Omaha Intro, 42 reviews, 157 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lincoln Intro, 32 reviews, 120 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nebraska Intro, 36 reviews, 98 photos
- Georgetown Intro, 27 reviews, 106 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fredericksburg Intro, 19 reviews, 90 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Collins Intro, 27 reviews, 80 photos
- Boston Intro, 19 reviews, 71 photos
- Washington D.C. Intro, 17 reviews, 71 photos
- Austin Intro, 19 reviews, 69 photos