"BOWIE, TEXAS" Bowie by Rich62
Bowie Travel Guide: 0 reviews and 8 photos
AS THE CITY LIMIT SIGN SAYS, there are 5,219 people calling themselves Bowieites. Or maybe they don't call themselves that at all. Anyway the 2007 Texas travel guide claims 5,450 people live there, so maybe some folks moved to town recently.
BOWIE IS A NORTH TEXAS TOWN, located at the intersection of highways 81, 287, and 59. It is southeast of Wichita Falls and northwest of Fort Worth. The altitude is 1,145 feet above sea level, if you have any reason to care about that.
We took highway 59 into Bowie from the south and took 81 north from Bowie toward Oklahoma. Both are excellent roads with little traffic.
I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THIS BOWIE BUSINESS IS, but I liked the sign.
Bowie has a Jim Bowie festival each year, so I suppose there is some connection between the famous inventor of the Bowie knife and fighter at the Alamo, with the town that bears his name. However I do not know what the connection, if any, might be.
Under my "things to do" tips below, are more photos taken in and around Bowie.
- Pros:ANTIQUES, GIFT SHOPS, BED & BREAKFASTS, HISTORIC EIGHT-BLOCK SECTION DOWNTOWN, MILD CLIMATE, LARGEST CITY IN THE COUNTY.
- Cons:WELL, ITS PRETTY SMALL
- In a nutshell:I'M NEUTRAL ABOUT THIS TOWN
Rich62's Related Pages
Bowie Travel Guide
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Bowie
- 1 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (18)
Have you been to Bowie?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bowie
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kearney Intro, 139 reviews, 399 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Omaha Intro, 42 reviews, 157 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lincoln Intro, 31 reviews, 115 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nebraska Intro, 36 reviews, 98 photos
- Georgetown Intro, 27 reviews, 106 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fredericksburg Intro, 19 reviews, 90 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Collins Intro, 27 reviews, 80 photos
- Boston Intro, 19 reviews, 71 photos
- Washington D.C. Intro, 17 reviews, 71 photos
- Austin Intro, 19 reviews, 69 photos