"Gettysburg: Also the home of Gettysburg College" Gettysburg by Rich62
Gettysburg Travel Guide: 418 reviews and 935 photos
THIS NICE CAMPUS is on a 200 acre site next to the famous battlefield. In fact various Gettysburg College buildings were used by both union and confederate forces at times. The building pictured certainly was not there in the 1860's, however.
THEY HAVE probably one of the most unique yet appropriate mascots of any college in the nation; they are the "bullets". GC is an NCAA Division 3 school, meaning there are no athletic scholorships. However, Student-Athletes certainly can and do have academic scholorships.
I DON'T KNOW WHAT IT IS USED FOR BUT IT CERTAINLY IS AN ELEGANT OLDER CAMPUS BUILDING.
There are about 2700 students at Gettysburg College.
- Pros:ABSOLUTELY FASCINATING TOWN
- Cons:NO CONS AT ALL
- In a nutshell:I WOULD LIKE TO SPEND MORE TIME IN GETTYSBURG
THE CYCLORAMA IS AN INCREDIBLE painting of the Battle of Gettysburg. If unrolled it would be 100 yeards long and 4... more travel advice
HERE ARE SOME PHOTOS not taken on the battlefield but rather of historic areas in the town of Gettysburg. You can see... more travel advice
Rich62's Related Pages
Gettysburg Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "GETTYSBURG-The Address, The Heroism And The Fallen"
- "My Family's Home"
- "~Gettysburg-The Town~"
- "Historical but Commercialized"
- "Gettysburg, history to discover"
- "Like my second home"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Gettysburg
- Hotels in Gettysburg
- Transportation in Gettysburg
- Nightlife in Gettysburg
- Restaurants in Gettysburg
- Shopping in Gettysburg
- Warnings and Dangers in Gettysburg
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Gettysburg
- 6 Reviews
- 29 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (148)
Have you been to Gettysburg?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Gettysburg
Photos in GettysburgSee All Photos (29)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kearney Intro, 139 reviews, 399 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Omaha Intro, 42 reviews, 157 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lincoln Intro, 32 reviews, 120 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nebraska Intro, 36 reviews, 98 photos
- Georgetown Intro, 26 reviews, 101 photos
- Washington D.C. Intro, 23 reviews, 96 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fredericksburg Intro, 19 reviews, 90 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Collins Intro, 27 reviews, 80 photos
- Boston Intro, 19 reviews, 71 photos
- Austin Intro, 19 reviews, 69 photos