"SAM WALTON'S BIRTHPLACE" Kingfisher by Rich62
Kingfisher Travel Guide: 21 reviews and 29 photos
IF THEY HAD A CONTEST for welcome signs I think this one would rank pretty high. Its one of the best we have seen, and we have passed by a lot of them as we travel.
Kingfisher is located northwest of Oklahoma City along highway 81 (north-south) and highways 33 and 3 (east/west).
SAM WALTON, THE MAN WHO CHANGED THE FACE OF RETAILING IN AMERICA was born in Kingfisher, according to the sign at the edge of town. The photo is of an old, abandoned Wal-Mart in town but there is a newer, bigger one that has opened in another part of town to replace this one.
Of course the problem with these old abandoned box stores is that it is nearly impossible to put some other business into them, and so they sit there like decaying disosaurs.
THE EVENING SUN CAUGHT THIS GRAIN ELEVATOR IN KINGFISHER JUST RIGHT, AND I snapped the photo as we were descending into an underpass on highway 81.
- Pros:SEEMED LIKE A PRETTY NICE TOWN, I UNDERSTAND THEY HAVE A NICE MUSEUM THERE
- Cons:DON'T KNOW OF ANY CONS
- In a nutshell:WOULD LIKE TO STOP LONGER AND EXPLORE MORE...MAYBE NEXT TIME
Rich62's Related Pages
Kingfisher Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Kingfisher
- 1 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (18)
Have you been to Kingfisher?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kingfisher
Photos in KingfisherSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kearney Intro, 139 reviews, 399 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Omaha Intro, 42 reviews, 157 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lincoln Intro, 32 reviews, 120 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nebraska Intro, 36 reviews, 98 photos
- Georgetown Intro, 27 reviews, 106 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fredericksburg Intro, 19 reviews, 90 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Collins Intro, 27 reviews, 80 photos
- Boston Intro, 19 reviews, 71 photos
- Washington D.C. Intro, 17 reviews, 71 photos
- Austin Intro, 19 reviews, 69 photos