"New Philadelphia, Ohio" New Philadelphia by Rich62
New Philadelphia Travel Guide: 9 reviews and 14 photos
Along East High Avenue you will see the courthouse for Tuscarawas County. The city (approx. 17,000 population) is about 70 miles south of Cleveland on the Tuscarawas River.
It got its start when the Moravian Church founded a village as a mission to the Delaware Indians. A reconstructed village exists today in the eastern part of New Philadelphia.
South of Cleveland, the city is located on highway 39, but near to exit 81 of Interstate 77.
It got its name from the fact that the city is laid out in a pattern based upon the street pattern of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Even some of the street names are the same as in the larger Philadelphia.
A NICE LOOKING SCHOOL BUILDING IN TOWN
- Pros:SEEMS LIKE AN INTERESTING TOWN
- Cons:WE DIDN'T GET TO EXPLORE THE RECONSTRUCTED VILLAGE
- In a nutshell:ITS FINE WITH US.
Rich62's Related Pages
New Philadelphia Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "THE FOUNDING OF NEW PHILADELPHIA, OHIO"
- "New Philadelphia, Ohio"
- "A small town with lots to offer!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in New Philadelphia
- Hotels in New Philadelphia
- Transportation in New Philadelphia
- Restaurants in New Philadelphia
- See All...
Badges & Stats in New Philadelphia
- 1 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (148)
Have you been to New Philadelphia?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in New Philadelphia
Photos in New PhiladelphiaSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kearney Intro, 139 reviews, 399 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Omaha Intro, 42 reviews, 157 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lincoln Intro, 32 reviews, 120 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nebraska Intro, 36 reviews, 98 photos
- Georgetown Intro, 27 reviews, 106 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fredericksburg Intro, 19 reviews, 90 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Collins Intro, 27 reviews, 80 photos
- Boston Intro, 19 reviews, 71 photos
- Washington D.C. Intro, 17 reviews, 71 photos
- Austin Intro, 19 reviews, 69 photos