"New Concord, Ohio: Home of Muskingum University" New Concord by Rich62
New Concord Travel Guide: 1 reviews and 7 photos
It was Muskingum College until 2009, when it became a university. It was founded in 1837 by the Presbyterian Church, but today is only loosely affiliated with that church. There are about 1700 undergrads and 1300 graduate students. It has generally high academic rankings among private liveral arts institutions.
This is one of the campus buildings that we saw.
In athletics, they are NCAA Division III, which means no athletic scholarships. Athletes certainly can have academic scholarships, however. Their sports teams are known as the "fighting Muskies."
JUST A RANDOM SHOT TAKEN along a street in town, not on the campus.
NEW CONCORD is located along highway 22/40 and is beside interstate 70 in eastern Ohio. It is between Zanesville and Cambridge.
- Pros:It seemed like a nice town to us.
- Cons:no cons
- In a nutshell:Its fine with us.
Rich62's Related Pages
New Concord Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "New Concord, Ohio: Home of Muskingum University"
- Create a New Concord Travel Page
Badges & Stats in New Concord
- 2 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (18)
Have you been to New Concord?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in New Concord
Photos in New ConcordSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kearney Intro, 139 reviews, 399 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Omaha Intro, 42 reviews, 157 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lincoln Intro, 32 reviews, 120 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nebraska Intro, 36 reviews, 98 photos
- Georgetown Intro, 27 reviews, 106 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fredericksburg Intro, 19 reviews, 90 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Collins Intro, 27 reviews, 80 photos
- Boston Intro, 19 reviews, 71 photos
- Washington D.C. Intro, 17 reviews, 71 photos
- Austin Intro, 19 reviews, 69 photos