"the 14th President's home" North Branch by Rich62
North Branch Travel Guide: 0 reviews and 3 photos
Franklin Pierce was the only U.S. President from New Hampshire.
The home is located 3 or 4 miles east of North Branch on highway 9, which is also hwy 202. However, it really is more closely affiliated with a town called Hillsborough, or possibly one called "Hillsborough Lower Village." The problem is that VT does not have those towns in their system so I had to put North Branch.
Sadly, Pierce and his wife suffered terrible tragedies in their lives. All three of their children died. The oldest lived to be 11, but was killed in a horrific train accident in which he was decapitated in front of his father. Pierces wife never fully recovered from this grief, and possibly neither of them did.
A REVOLUTIONARY-ERA STONE WALL near the house.
- Pros:IT IS ACTUALLY NOT ASSOCIATED WITH THIS SUBJECT.
- Cons:SEE ABOVE
- In a nutshell:SEE ABOVE
Rich62's Related Pages
North Branch Travel Guide
- See All...
Badges & Stats in North Branch
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (148)
Have you been to North Branch?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in North Branch
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kearney Intro, 139 reviews, 399 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Omaha Intro, 42 reviews, 157 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lincoln Intro, 32 reviews, 120 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nebraska Intro, 36 reviews, 98 photos
- Georgetown Intro, 26 reviews, 101 photos
- Washington D.C. Intro, 23 reviews, 96 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fredericksburg Intro, 19 reviews, 90 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Collins Intro, 27 reviews, 80 photos
- Boston Intro, 19 reviews, 71 photos
- Austin Intro, 19 reviews, 69 photos