"Conway, New Hampshire" Conway by Rich62
Conway Travel Guide: 31 reviews and 49 photos
There is a big Railroading museum in Conway featuring the rolling stock of several New England lines that once ruled the rails. In addition to the full-size exhibits there is also an extensive "HO Scale" model railroad, which means it is 1/87 life size. Notice the unique model of a railway station in the lower right portion of the picture. This is a model of the actual Conway station which is now the entrance to this museum!
This is known as an F-7 Diesel and is typical of the early diesels that replaced steam engines in the 50's and 60's.
Conway is located on Highway 16 in east-central New Hampshire, only a few miles from the Maine border.
We were lucky to see the symbol of New Hampshire, the "Old Man of the Mountains", before he crumbled down the side of the mountain. But, even though he is gone, this area is scenic and beautiful, well worth visiting.
From Conway, drive about 30 miles west on highway 112, then take Interstate 93 north about ten miles. The "Old Man" is near Franconia Notch, at an elevation of about 1900 feet.
- Pros:Absolutely beautiful scenery in New Hampshire
- Cons:Not for winter travel, I'm sure
- In a nutshell:A exceptionally nice railroading museum
Rich62's Related Pages
Conway Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Gaby_Thieme's new Conway page"
- "Conway, NH"
- "Conway, New Hampshire"
- "Hedgehog Mountain"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Conway
- Hotels in Conway
- Transportation in Conway
- Nightlife in Conway
- Restaurants in Conway
- Shopping in Conway
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Conway
- 1 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (18)
Have you been to Conway?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Conway
Photos in ConwaySee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kearney Intro, 139 reviews, 399 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Omaha Intro, 42 reviews, 157 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lincoln Intro, 31 reviews, 115 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nebraska Intro, 36 reviews, 98 photos
- Georgetown Intro, 27 reviews, 106 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fredericksburg Intro, 19 reviews, 90 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Collins Intro, 27 reviews, 80 photos
- Boston Intro, 19 reviews, 71 photos
- Washington D.C. Intro, 17 reviews, 71 photos
- Austin Intro, 19 reviews, 69 photos