"WOOD RIVER, NEBRASKA" Wood River by Rich62
Wood River Travel Guide: 6 reviews and 27 photos
This is the bank in Wood River. Actually I think there are two banks. Anyway, if there were a "cute bank" contest, this might be a winner. The "garage door" on the right is actually the drive-through! I guess it was closed today.
Wood River is a town of about 1200 people located along the Lincoln Highway, which is Highway 30. It is about 13 miles west of Grand Island.
Scott Frost is probably Wood River's most famous resident. As quarterback of the University of Nebraska Cornhuskers, he led them to a national championship in the 1990's.
- Pros:Its close to Grand Island for shopping & services.
- In a nutshell:It seems ok to me.
Wood River High School has a beautiful auditorium in which concerts are often held. Here are some photos of a piano... more travel advice
This old barn was moved into town and a large metal barn added on to the rear. In the front is an insurance agency; in... more travel advice
Rich62's Related Pages
Wood River Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Wood River
- 9 Reviews
- 27 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (18)
Have you been to Wood River?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Wood River
Photos in Wood RiverSee All Photos (27)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kearney Intro, 139 reviews, 399 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Omaha Intro, 42 reviews, 157 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lincoln Intro, 32 reviews, 120 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nebraska Intro, 36 reviews, 98 photos
- Georgetown Intro, 27 reviews, 106 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fredericksburg Intro, 19 reviews, 90 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Collins Intro, 27 reviews, 80 photos
- Boston Intro, 19 reviews, 71 photos
- Washington D.C. Intro, 17 reviews, 71 photos
- Austin Intro, 19 reviews, 69 photos