"YAHOO! WE FOUND WAHOO!" Wahoo by Rich62
Wahoo Travel Guide: 1 reviews and 10 photos
SORRY, I DON'T KNOW HOW THEY GOT THAT NAME. But it was so amusing to David Letterman that he designated Wahoo as his mythical international headquarters for a couple of years.
Location: Wahoo is at the intersection of east-west highway 92, and north-south highway 77. It is due west of Omaha and due north from Lincoln. It is about equadistant from both cities, about 21 miles from Lincoln, maybe 25 or so from Omaha. Nice location!
MANY NICE OLDER HOMES IN THE RESIDENTIAL AREAS.
AS YOU DRIVE THROUGH, WATCH FOR THE SIGNS POINTING TO THE DOWNTOWN DISTRICT, as you must turn off of your highway for a couple of blocks to find the commercial district.
For more photos of downtown, see my "things to do" tip below.
- Pros:A GREAT LOCATION IN RELATION TO NEBRASKA'S TWO LARGEST CITIES.
- Cons:BESIDES DAVID LETTERMAN, ITS NOT KNOWN FOR MUCH THAT I KNOW OF.
- In a nutshell:ITS A DECENT TOWN
Rich62's Related Pages
Wahoo Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Wahoo
- 1 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (146)
Have you been to Wahoo?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Wahoo
Photos in WahooSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kearney Intro, 139 reviews, 399 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Omaha Intro, 42 reviews, 157 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lincoln Intro, 32 reviews, 120 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nebraska Intro, 36 reviews, 98 photos
- Georgetown Intro, 27 reviews, 106 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fredericksburg Intro, 19 reviews, 90 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Collins Intro, 27 reviews, 80 photos
- Boston Intro, 19 reviews, 71 photos
- Washington D.C. Intro, 17 reviews, 71 photos
- Austin Intro, 19 reviews, 69 photos