"SIDNEY, NEBRASKA" Sidney by Rich62
Sidney Travel Guide: 9 reviews and 49 photos
Cabela's is like the L.L.Bean of the west. It sits right along Interstate 80 about 40 miles east of the Wyoming border. Even if you are not particularly into hunting, fishing & camping, its still an interesting stop.
There is another Cabela's on the east edge of Kearney, Nebraska along highway 30. In fact if you phone in your catalog order to Cabela's, the person you speak to will probably be in the Kearney store.
It is so unusual its worth a look. Known locally as the "Cabela Mansion" or "The Alamo", this is a private residence of one of the owners of Cabela's. It is located south of downtown on 10th Avenue.
The town of Sidney has a population of about 6000.
Every town needs a welcome sign. Here is Sidney's.
- Pros:Lots of new restaurants, motels, etc. out by the interstate
- Cons:Its a long way to Cheyenne, Denver, Kearney, Lincoln, Omaha, Fort Collins...you get the idea.
- In a nutshell:A nice town in the panhandle of Nebraska
...Canadian Geese, that is. You will get to see plenty of them in the big lake and park next to Cabela's. more travel advice
Not spectacular but just a nice clean place to stay. It has a prime location near restaurants and near Cabelas national... more travel advice
Rich62's Related Pages
Sidney Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Sidney
- Hotels in Sidney
- Restaurants in Sidney
- Shopping in Sidney
- Warnings and Dangers in Sidney
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Sidney
- 7 Reviews
- 33 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (18)
Have you been to Sidney?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sidney
Photos in SidneySee All Photos (33)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kearney Intro, 139 reviews, 399 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Omaha Intro, 42 reviews, 157 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lincoln Intro, 32 reviews, 120 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nebraska Intro, 36 reviews, 98 photos
- Georgetown Intro, 27 reviews, 106 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fredericksburg Intro, 19 reviews, 90 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Collins Intro, 27 reviews, 80 photos
- Boston Intro, 19 reviews, 71 photos
- Washington D.C. Intro, 17 reviews, 71 photos
- Austin Intro, 19 reviews, 69 photos