"Loup City, Nebraska" Loup City by Rich62
Loup City Travel Guide: 5 reviews and 20 photos
Loup City is located about 45 miles north of Kearney, Nebraska at the intersection of highways 10, 92 and 58. About 1000 people live in this community, which was primarily founded by eastern European settlers. Even today you will find residents here with surnames such as Krolikowski, Krzycki, Janulewicz, and Waskowiak.
The picture shows a typical shady street in Loup City. I took the picture from a nearby hill where several nice homes have been built.
This abandoned gas station symbolizes all the small town businesses that didn't quite make it. But there are plenty of successful businesses in Loup City, expecially in the downtown area.
UPDATE: This gas station has been renovated! To see the new/old look, check my "things to do" tips below.
- Pros:quiet and peaceful
- In a nutshell:Its near Sherman Lake recreational area, just a few miles out of town.
Here is the newly refurbished gas station, with brick walls, a water wagon (or is it a gasoline wagon?) and a new sign. more travel advice
THE SIGN TELLS ALL: POLISH DAYS ARE THE FIRST WEEK OF JUNE. 3 photos: more travel advice
Rich62's Related Pages
Loup City Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Loup City
- 8 Reviews
- 20 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (18)
Have you been to Loup City?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Loup City
Photos in Loup CitySee All Photos (20)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kearney Intro, 139 reviews, 399 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Omaha Intro, 42 reviews, 157 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lincoln Intro, 32 reviews, 120 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nebraska Intro, 36 reviews, 98 photos
- Georgetown Intro, 27 reviews, 106 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fredericksburg Intro, 19 reviews, 90 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Collins Intro, 27 reviews, 80 photos
- Boston Intro, 19 reviews, 71 photos
- Washington D.C. Intro, 17 reviews, 71 photos
- Austin Intro, 19 reviews, 69 photos