"Lincoln, Nebraska" Top 5 Page for this destination Lincoln by Rich62
Lincoln Travel Guide: 85 reviews and 189 photos
Billboards such as this clue you in; you are entering the college football capital of the western hemisphere.
A nice mall is located on south 27th St. It is not an enclosed mall, which is great in good weather, not so great in February. But its a nice mall; Barnes & Noble, Scheels Sporting Goods, Bed Bath & Beyond, Van Maur, Panera Bread for good food, etc. And its beautifully landscaped to boot.
This is off the beaten path, but you would surely drive 10 or 15 miles for great chocolate, wouldn't you? The second town east of Lincoln on Highway 34 is Greenwood. On the west edge of Greenwood, on the south side of the highway, is the Baker's Chocolate factory. Their chocolate is high quality and they have lots to choose from. You can get seconds for a discount price. Stop in.
- Pros:A nice small city
- Cons:The main highways tend to go north or south of the city.
- In a nutshell:Its a good place.
As of 2014, the HOF is open to the public but not yet complete. Even at this stage it is interesting and worth a stop if... more travel advice
THIS IS THE OLD DOWNTOWN RAILROAD DEPOT AREA, NOW converted into a nice mall. art-oriented gifts can be found in... more travel advice
Rich62's Related Pages
Lincoln Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Lincoln, Nebraska"
- "Lincoln's Hot Spot"
- "There is no place like...Lincoln!"
- "Willa Cather's Alma Mater"
- "Lincoln - small city or a big small town?"
- "Welcome to Lincoln! ENJOY!"
- "Lincoln, Nebraska... Music and More"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Lincoln
- Hotels in Lincoln
- Transportation in Lincoln
- Nightlife in Lincoln
- Restaurants in Lincoln
- Shopping in Lincoln
- Warnings and Dangers in Lincoln
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Lincoln
- 32 Reviews
- 120 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (18)
Have you been to Lincoln?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lincoln
- Wrote a Review Nebraska High School Hall of Fame in Lincoln Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Nebraska High School Hall of Fame"
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "You are right! The NCAA..."
- Commented on one of KristinaLMF's Lincoln travel pages
- Uploaded a Video to Lincoln
- updated a Lincoln Travel Page "Lincoln, Nebraska"
Photos in LincolnSee All Photos (120)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kearney Intro, 139 reviews, 399 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Omaha Intro, 42 reviews, 157 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lincoln Intro, 32 reviews, 120 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nebraska Intro, 36 reviews, 98 photos
- Georgetown Intro, 27 reviews, 106 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fredericksburg Intro, 19 reviews, 90 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Collins Intro, 27 reviews, 80 photos
- Boston Intro, 19 reviews, 71 photos
- Washington D.C. Intro, 17 reviews, 71 photos
- Austin Intro, 19 reviews, 69 photos