"Lexington, Nebraska" Lexington by Rich62
Lexington Travel Guide: 3 reviews and 20 photos
Lexington is the home of a powerful 50,000 watt radio station known as KRVN. At about 6 pm each evening, the FCC requires them to switch to a different broadcast pattern. This evening pattern sends their signal hundreds of miles west. It is often picked up in California! So, if you live anywhere west of Lexington, Nebraska, dial up 880 on your AM dial and see if you can get it!
This wonderful bronze sculpture, "Breaking News", is placed in front of the KRVN studios located in south Lexington.
This is "Plum Creek Park" in Lexington, Nebraska.
Lexington is a town of 10,000 people located just north of Interstate 80 between North Platte and Kearney.
We have all seen the photograph of the last helicopter to leave Saigon, with refugees clamoring to get aboard. This scene has been recreated at the Heartland Military Museum in Lexington, Nebraska. The helicopter scene has actually been placed out by Interstate 80 for passersby to see. But there are many more military vehicles and other displays to see. Just take the Lexington Exit and go north, then take the first right turn and you will be at the museum.
- Pros:A small town
- Cons:A large beef packing plant is there
GET A FEEL FOR THE COMMUNITY BY DRIVING AROUND. HERE IS a small sampler of things we saw. more travel advice
WITH 160 TRAINS A DAY SPEEDING BY, IF YOU ARE ON FOOT BE SURE TO USE THIS WALKWAY TO CROSS THE TRACKS. more travel advice
Rich62's Related Pages
Lexington Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Lexington
- 9 Reviews
- 20 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Lexington?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lexington
Photos in LexingtonSee All Photos (20)
Top 10 Pages
- Kearney Intro, 139 reviews, 395 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Omaha Intro, 42 reviews, 157 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lincoln Intro, 31 reviews, 115 photos
- Georgetown Intro, 27 reviews, 106 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nebraska Intro, 35 reviews, 96 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fredericksburg Intro, 19 reviews, 90 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Collins Intro, 27 reviews, 81 photos
- Boston Intro, 19 reviews, 71 photos
- Washington D.C. Intro, 17 reviews, 71 photos
- Austin Intro, 19 reviews, 69 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (10)
Latest Lexington hotel reviews
- Holiday Inn Express Lexington
- 33 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 11, 2013