"HOLSTEIN, NEBRASKA" Holstein by Rich62
Holstein Travel Guide: 1 reviews and 14 photos
In the tiny town of Holstein, you might see a fellow pull up to the post office in his John Deere Tractor. Its all a part of life in small town America.
Holstein is located along highway 74 about 17 miles east of Minden, Nebraska, in the south-central part of the state. For years this couple have had these "goodies" out in their yard, right next to the highway. I don't know if he sells them or if they are just there to "decorate" his yard. Anyway, this place is a sort of landmark when you go thorugh the town on highway 74.
These "skyscrapers" contain grain harvested from the fields. They stand at the edge of town as a symbol that agriculture is the most important component of a rural small town's economy.
- Pros:no traffic jams. in fact, no traffic!
- Cons:just too small for me, but fine for others
Five more photos taken in and around Holstein. more travel advice
Rich62's Related Pages
Holstein Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Holstein
- 3 Reviews
- 14 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (18)
Have you been to Holstein?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Holstein
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kearney Intro, 139 reviews, 399 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Omaha Intro, 42 reviews, 157 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lincoln Intro, 32 reviews, 120 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nebraska Intro, 36 reviews, 98 photos
- Georgetown Intro, 27 reviews, 106 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fredericksburg Intro, 19 reviews, 90 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Collins Intro, 27 reviews, 80 photos
- Boston Intro, 19 reviews, 71 photos
- Washington D.C. Intro, 17 reviews, 71 photos
- Austin Intro, 19 reviews, 69 photos