"ONE OF THE "TRI-CITIES" IN CENTRAL NEBRASKA" Hastings by Rich62
Hastings Travel Guide: 4 reviews and 25 photos
HASTINGS IS A PLEASANT COLLEGE TOWN OF SOME 24,000 PEOPLE, LOCATED IN SOUTH-CENTRAL NEBRASKA. It lies along highways 6/34 (running east-west) and highways 34/281 (running north-south). Hastings is about 18 miles straight south from Grand Island.
The towns of Kearney, Grand Island and Hastings make up the "Trii-Cities" area of Nebraska; they are the three most prominent towns in south-central Nebraska. Hastings, however, labors under one large disadvantage; they are the only town among these three that is not located along Interstate 80. Still, they seem to be holding their own.
THIS IS A SMALL COLLEGE LOCATED IN THE EAST-CENTRAL PART OF TOWN. It has a peaceful and attractive campus and is generally regarded as a good school.
LOCATED IN THE NORTHERN PART OF TOWN ALONG HIGHWAY 281, This fine museum and theater combination is a nice point of interest for travelers as well as locals.
Examples of the movies shown on their giant screen are "Coral Reef Adventure," "Bears," "Journey into Amazing Caves," as well as a 35mm film "Superman Returns." These movies were being shown in November of 2006 but of course they are always getting new and different ones.
An adult would pay $6.00 admission to the museum or $7.00 to the theater, or $11.00 for both. There are reduced prices for seniors (60+) and for children from 3 to 12. (These were 2006 prices so they may have changed.)
- Pros:A NICE-SIZED TOWN, WITH A GOOD COLLEGE TOO!
- Cons:NO CONS THAT I KNOW OF
- In a nutshell:ITS ALRIGHT WITH ME.
This is a landmark building in the town of Hastings. All sorts of concerts and events are held here. Although it is an... more travel advice
Rich62's Related Pages
Hastings Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Hastings
- 7 Reviews
- 25 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (146)
Have you been to Hastings?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Hastings
Photos in HastingsSee All Photos (25)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kearney Intro, 139 reviews, 399 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Omaha Intro, 42 reviews, 157 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lincoln Intro, 32 reviews, 120 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nebraska Intro, 36 reviews, 98 photos
- Georgetown Intro, 27 reviews, 106 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fredericksburg Intro, 19 reviews, 90 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Collins Intro, 27 reviews, 80 photos
- Boston Intro, 19 reviews, 71 photos
- Washington D.C. Intro, 17 reviews, 71 photos
- Austin Intro, 19 reviews, 69 photos