"Gothenburg, Nebraska" Gothenburg by Rich62
Gothenburg Travel Guide: 7 reviews and 27 photos
Gothenburg, Nebraska was founded by Swedish immigrants and even today the high school teams are known as the "Swedes". My piano tuning business takes me to lots of small towns, and if someone told me that I had to live in a town of 4000 people or less, I might just choose Gothenburg. It is located along Interstate 80 and highway 30 about 30 miles east of North Platte.
A field of corn arises from the earth in early spring just outside of Gothenburg, Nebraska. Soon these stalks will stand five or six feet high. This is field corn, not sweet corn. It will not be eaten by humans, but by livestock, producing "corn-fed beef", the best beef in the world.
And yes, that is a hill in the background. Coloradoans are taught that Nebraska has no hills, so please do not show them this photo. ha ha
South of town is a simple yet elegant marker asking us to remember those who settled this fertile land so long ago.
- Pros:CLEAN, PEACEFUL, FRIENDLY
- Cons:THE PEOPLE OF GOTHENBURG ACTUALLY VOTED AGAINST WATER FLOURIDATION
- In a nutshell:A VERY NICE TOWN
HERE IS WHAT THE LIBRARY LOOKS LIKE. more travel advice
TAKE YOUR TIME, CRUISE AROUND, PICK UP THE FLAVOR OF A NICE TOWN. more travel advice
Rich62's Related Pages
Gothenburg Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Gothenburg
- Hotels in Gothenburg
- Restaurants in Gothenburg
- Warnings and Dangers in Gothenburg
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Gothenburg
- 10 Reviews
- 27 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (146)
Have you been to Gothenburg?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Gothenburg
- Commented on one of Rich62's Gothenburg travel pages
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "You are right! The NCAA..."
- Uploaded a Photo to "VISIT A PONY EXPRESS STATION"
- Uploaded a Video to Gothenburg
- updated a Gothenburg Travel Page "Gothenburg, Nebraska"
- Wrote a Review NEED A LIBRARY? THEY'VE GOT ONE in Gothenburg Things to Do
Photos in GothenburgSee All Photos (27)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kearney Intro, 139 reviews, 399 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Omaha Intro, 42 reviews, 157 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lincoln Intro, 32 reviews, 120 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nebraska Intro, 36 reviews, 98 photos
- Georgetown Intro, 27 reviews, 106 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fredericksburg Intro, 19 reviews, 90 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Collins Intro, 27 reviews, 80 photos
- Boston Intro, 19 reviews, 71 photos
- Washington D.C. Intro, 17 reviews, 71 photos
- Austin Intro, 19 reviews, 69 photos