"JOHNSON LAKE, NEAR ELWOOD, NEBRASKA" Elwood by Rich62
Elwood Travel Guide: 2 reviews and 15 photos
Johnson Lake is found just 15 miles north of the small Nebraska town of Elwood. It is also about 15 miles south of Interstate 80 at the Lexington exit. This is a state recreation area and a permit is required.
This interdenominational chapel holds a Sunday morning service throughout the summer. It is attended by travellers who happen to be in the area. Guest pastors from various churches are scheduled, each for one Sunday in the summer. Usually the church is filled to capacity and often some must sit out on the deck, which is not a bad deal.
I came upon these horses enjoying the day in the countryside near Elwood.
When venturing into the country on gravel roads, I have two suggestions: 1. don't go after it has rained, you could get stuck. 2. Purchase a DeLorme Atlas of Nebraska (or any state where you will be doing country driving) as it will show you every country road and where it goes. These atlases have saved me many miles and much frustration over the years.
- Pros:Johnson Lake
- In a nutshell:Elwood is a nice town
VACATIONERS JOIN LOCALS EVERY SUNDAY during the summer season here. Several of my photos are from the 50th anniversary... more travel advice
Rich62's Related Pages
Elwood Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Elwood
- 5 Reviews
- 15 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (19)
Have you been to Elwood?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Elwood
Photos in ElwoodSee All Photos (15)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kearney Intro, 139 reviews, 399 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Omaha Intro, 42 reviews, 157 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lincoln Intro, 32 reviews, 120 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nebraska Intro, 36 reviews, 98 photos
- Georgetown Intro, 27 reviews, 106 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fredericksburg Intro, 19 reviews, 90 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Collins Intro, 27 reviews, 80 photos
- Boston Intro, 19 reviews, 71 photos
- Washington D.C. Intro, 17 reviews, 71 photos
- Austin Intro, 19 reviews, 69 photos