"COZAD, NEBRASKA" Cozad by Rich62
Cozad Travel Guide: 12 reviews and 61 photos
Cozad lies on the 100th meridian of west longitude. Some geographers use this to mark the end of the midwest and the start of the Great Plains, to the west of this line. The actual line is at the west edge of town, not exactly where this sign has been placed.
Its really a giant grain elevator but they are sometimes called "skyscrapers of the plains" and that sort of thing. The brick factory in front of it is a Monroe Shock Absorber factory. Cozad lies right along interstate 80, between Lexington and Gothenburg.
Like many old stations, the Cozad station was (thankfully) preserved and is now used for private businesses or local government agencies. It lies right alongside the Lincoln Highway, or Highway 30, in Cozad.
- Pros:A very nice small town in Nebraska.
- Cons:Its a fair drive to any sizeable city, but you do have easy access to interstate 80.
- In a nutshell:very nice.
I am told that it is both authentic and delicious. The chef is from Italy. more travel advice
JUST LOOK AROUND AND GET A FEEL FOR THE TOWN. It is a nice town. Here is a small photo sampler of some buildings we saw... more travel advice
Rich62's Related Pages
Cozad Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "First Home of Impressionist Painter Robert Henri"
- "COZAD, NEBRASKA"
- "100th Meridian City"
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Cozad
- 8 Reviews
- 20 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (18)
Have you been to Cozad?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cozad
Photos in CozadSee All Photos (20)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kearney Intro, 139 reviews, 399 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Omaha Intro, 42 reviews, 157 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lincoln Intro, 31 reviews, 115 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nebraska Intro, 36 reviews, 98 photos
- Georgetown Intro, 27 reviews, 106 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fredericksburg Intro, 19 reviews, 90 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Collins Intro, 27 reviews, 80 photos
- Boston Intro, 19 reviews, 71 photos
- Washington D.C. Intro, 17 reviews, 71 photos
- Austin Intro, 19 reviews, 69 photos