"SAY "KAY-row"" Cairo by Rich62
Cairo Travel Guide: 3 reviews and 16 photos
If you pronounce it like the city in Egypt, they will know you are not from around here. I don't know why they named this town as they did, but they have carried the mid-eastern theme throughout the town. For example, streets have names like "Mecca Street" and "Syria Street". You get the idea.
Cairo is located at the intersection of highway 11 and highway 2. The late Charles Kuralt rated highway 2 as one of the top 20 scenic highways in America. Cairo is a short distance northwest of Grand Island.
Just 2 1/2 miles south of town and 1 1/2 miles east on Airport Road is a very nice nursery. I like the way everything is well organized. Each greenhouse in the background is labeled with a different type of plant such as "shade tolerant", "annuals", "perennials," "vegetables" etc. The staff is very helpful as well. The only drawback is that their prices are not cheap.
A downtown street scene. The residential streets, however, have lots of trees.
- Pros:a nice peaceful town
- Cons:I got a traffic ticket there once. my bad.
- In a nutshell:Its fine
An art teacher from Lincoln is painting a nice mural on a building in Cairo. This took place in June of 2011. I also... more travel advice
Rich62's Related Pages
Cairo Travel Guide
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Cairo
- 5 Reviews
- 16 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (18)
Have you been to Cairo?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cairo
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kearney Intro, 139 reviews, 399 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Omaha Intro, 42 reviews, 157 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lincoln Intro, 31 reviews, 115 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nebraska Intro, 36 reviews, 98 photos
- Georgetown Intro, 27 reviews, 106 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fredericksburg Intro, 19 reviews, 90 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Collins Intro, 27 reviews, 80 photos
- Boston Intro, 19 reviews, 71 photos
- Washington D.C. Intro, 17 reviews, 71 photos
- Austin Intro, 19 reviews, 69 photos