"Burwell, Nebraska" Burwell by Rich62
Burwell Travel Guide: 6 reviews and 30 photos
Burwell is a town of about 1100 people smack in the middle of Nebraska. Highways 11 and 91 go through town.
This is one small Nebraska town without the usual town square with the courthouse in the middle. The courthouse is a couple of blocks away. Instead, businesses line both the interior and the exterior of the town square, so everything is nicely compacted in one area, although there are other businesses on other streets as well.
The Burwell Rodeo is being held on July 28-29-30 in 2005. There are four performances: Thursday 7:30 pm, Friday 7:30 pm, Saturday 1:30 pm, and Saturday 7:30 pm.
However there are other events going on outside of the Rodeo itself, like horse judging, quilt shows, pancake feeds, and even a demolition derby on Sunday at 5 pm.
The North Loup River flows through Burwell, providing valuable irrigation water for crops in the field.
Only a few short miles northwest of town, a dam has created the Calamus State Recreation Area, enjoyed by many from Burwell and other areas.
Downstream the North Loup and Middle Loup join to form the Loup River, which flows into the Platte River and on to the Missouri River on Nebraska's eastern border.
- Pros:I have met a lot of nice people in Burwell
- Cons:I have no complaints
Here's the stop you want to make to ask your questions, get maps, and so on. more travel advice
Here are five photos of various businesses around the town square in Burwell. Click the photo you see to enlarge it and... more travel advice
Rich62's Related Pages
Burwell Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Burwell
- 7 Reviews
- 30 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Burwell?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Burwell
Photos in BurwellSee All Photos (30)
Top 10 Pages
- Kearney Intro, 139 reviews, 399 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Omaha Intro, 42 reviews, 157 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lincoln Intro, 31 reviews, 115 photos
- Georgetown Intro, 27 reviews, 106 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nebraska Intro, 35 reviews, 96 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fredericksburg Intro, 19 reviews, 90 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Collins Intro, 27 reviews, 81 photos
- Boston Intro, 19 reviews, 71 photos
- Washington D.C. Intro, 17 reviews, 71 photos
- Austin Intro, 19 reviews, 69 photos