"BROKEN BOW, NEBRASKA" Broken Bow by Rich62
Broken Bow Travel Guide: 11 reviews and 46 photos
Broken Bow is located on highway 2, right in the center of Nebraska. The late Charles Kuralt named highway 2 as one of America's 20 most scenic highways. About 3500 people live in Broken Bow.
Here, the courthouse was not built in the town square. that opened up the square for a nice park-like green space right in the middle of the business community. Recently a play area has been added for children.
In 1957 and 1958, 19-year old Charlie Starkweather and his 14-year old girlfriend Caril Ann Fugate went on a killing spree, taking 11 lives from Lincoln, Nebraska into Wyoming. At one point they stopped here for gas and sandwiches. Caril later claimed that she was kidnapped by Charlie. But the waitress later testified that Charlie stayed out with the car, giving Caril plenty of opportunity to ask for help as she ordered sandwiches in the cafe. The jury made Caril the youngest female in U.S. history to be sentenced to life in prison. She was paroled in 1976 and moved to Michigan. Charlie was executed in Nebraska's electric chair in 1959.
Here is an historic photo of a building on the square in Broken Bow.
To see what is there now, go to the tips section about places to find food and drinks.
- Pros:Its a nice town to visit
- Cons:nothing wrong with Broken Bow that I can see.
- In a nutshell:I met a couple from Yonkers, N.Y. who had moved to Broken Bow and loved it!
A NICE CHINESE RESTAURANT THE BUFFET IS NICE. AND IT WAS ONLY $5.75 (IN MAY OF 2007) OUR FRIEND HAD THE PU PU PLATTER... more travel advice
Rich62's Related Pages
Broken Bow Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Broken Bow
- Hotels in Broken Bow
- Restaurants in Broken Bow
- Shopping in Broken Bow
- Warnings and Dangers in Broken Bow
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Broken Bow
- 10 Reviews
- 34 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (18)
Have you been to Broken Bow?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Broken Bow
Photos in Broken BowSee All Photos (34)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kearney Intro, 139 reviews, 399 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Omaha Intro, 42 reviews, 157 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lincoln Intro, 32 reviews, 120 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nebraska Intro, 36 reviews, 98 photos
- Georgetown Intro, 27 reviews, 106 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fredericksburg Intro, 19 reviews, 90 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Collins Intro, 27 reviews, 80 photos
- Boston Intro, 19 reviews, 71 photos
- Washington D.C. Intro, 17 reviews, 71 photos
- Austin Intro, 19 reviews, 69 photos