"Bassett, Nebraska - way up in the sandhills" Bassett by Rich62
Bassett Travel Guide: 2 reviews and 14 photos
Bassett is located at the junction of highways 183 and 20. It is about 2 1/2 hours north of Elm Creek, Nebraska and is not far from the South Dakota border. The Sandhills are the largest grass-covered sand dune desert in North America. These dunes, unlike the Sahara Desert dunes, do not move because the grass anchors them down.
The gas station pictured seems to be an excellent preservation project. If only we could buy gas there for the 1930 prices!
ITS THE ZEBRA HOUSE, a clever attempt to draw more attention to the business. In fact I am told that it is a sign business called "Here's Your Sign", also does custom embroidery on shirts, caps, etc.
Unfortunately Rock County didn't get one of those great old stone courthouses with turn-of-the-centry architectural flair, but at least they are the county seat and here is the courthouse.
- Pros:Nice people, laid-back atmosphere
- Cons:Its pretty far from an interstate highway, if that is important.
- In a nutshell:A very nice place to visit.
HERE ARE FIVE PHOTOS WE TOOK AS WE DROVE AROUND BASSETT. more travel advice
Rich62's Related Pages
Bassett Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Bassett
- 2 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (19)
Have you been to Bassett?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bassett
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kearney Intro, 139 reviews, 399 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Omaha Intro, 42 reviews, 157 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lincoln Intro, 32 reviews, 120 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nebraska Intro, 36 reviews, 98 photos
- Georgetown Intro, 27 reviews, 106 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fredericksburg Intro, 19 reviews, 90 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Collins Intro, 27 reviews, 80 photos
- Boston Intro, 19 reviews, 71 photos
- Washington D.C. Intro, 17 reviews, 71 photos
- Austin Intro, 19 reviews, 69 photos