"Walt Disney's home town: Marceline, Missouri" Marceline by Rich62
Marceline Travel Guide: 1 reviews and 8 photos
This is the Walt Disney hometown museum, built in a circa 1931 Santa Fe railroad depot.
There is no doubt that you are entering Marceline
A downtown structure.
Marceline claims to be the model for Disneylands "Main Street USA", but I'm not so sure.
When Walt Disney asked his design man to create a home town in Disneyland, he may indeed have been thinking of Marceline. However the design man was from Fort Collins, Colorado. He pulled some photos of the old downtown section of Fort Collins out of his files and showed them to Mr. Disney, asking him if this is the sort of architecture he had in mind. Mr. Disney replied that it was, and the design man went to work.
I have looked at the buildings in both Marceline and Fort Collins, and I believe that Main Street USA looks more like Fort Collins. In the interest of full disclosure, however, I must state that Fort Collins is my home town, so I am biased.
To make up your own mind, look at all my photos of Marceline, then at my photos of "Old Town" Fort Collins. What do you think?
- Pros:A nice small town
- Cons:no cons
- In a nutshell:I liked it
Rich62's Related Pages
Marceline Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Marceline
- 1 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (18)
Have you been to Marceline?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Marceline
Photos in MarcelineSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kearney Intro, 139 reviews, 399 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Omaha Intro, 42 reviews, 157 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lincoln Intro, 31 reviews, 115 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nebraska Intro, 36 reviews, 98 photos
- Georgetown Intro, 27 reviews, 106 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fredericksburg Intro, 19 reviews, 90 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Collins Intro, 27 reviews, 80 photos
- Boston Intro, 19 reviews, 71 photos
- Washington D.C. Intro, 17 reviews, 71 photos
- Austin Intro, 19 reviews, 69 photos