"BEST FISH CHOWDER IN THE UNIVERSE" South Harpswell by Rich62
South Harpswell Travel Guide: 2 reviews and 11 photos
This establishment has been featured in magazines, tv reports, you name it. The bottom line is, go there and have a bowl of the fish chowder. It is delicious, although it will cost you about $12 a bowl, But its worth it.
From Brunswick, Maine, go 12.5 miles on route 123, turn right on Ash Point Road, then take the first right on to Basin Point Road. Go two miles until the road meets the sea. There it is. (If you have a GPS system, just plug in "515 Basin Point Rd, Harpswell, ME)
To check on their hours, call (207)833-6000 but its usually 11 to 7 or 8.
In the fall they are usually open until the end of October.
Some small boats near the Dolphin Chowder House.
HERE WE ARE enjoying the sights after three nice bowls of chowder. That is the former Dolphin Chowder House in the background. The new one is just at the other end of their parking lot.
- Pros:SPECTACULAR SCENERY AND SEAFOOD
- Cons:I'M NOT THERE RIGHT NOW!
- In a nutshell:THE BEST OF MAINE
WOW WERE WE SURPRISED at our latest visit, we had no idea they were building a brand new Dolphin Chowder House. It is... more travel advice
Rich62's Related Pages
South Harpswell Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in South Harpswell
- 2 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (18)
Have you been to South Harpswell?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in South Harpswell
Photos in South HarpswellSee All Photos (11)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kearney Intro, 139 reviews, 399 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Omaha Intro, 42 reviews, 157 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lincoln Intro, 32 reviews, 120 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nebraska Intro, 36 reviews, 98 photos
- Georgetown Intro, 27 reviews, 106 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fredericksburg Intro, 19 reviews, 90 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Collins Intro, 27 reviews, 80 photos
- Boston Intro, 19 reviews, 71 photos
- Washington D.C. Intro, 17 reviews, 71 photos
- Austin Intro, 19 reviews, 69 photos