"BAILEY ISLAND, MAINE" Bailey Island by Rich62
Bailey Island Travel Guide: 0 reviews and 15 photos
First of all, you drive onto the island. No boat rentals are needed. Its about a 15 mile drive from highway 1.
At the end of your drive you will find a parking lot, a very large gift store, and the Atlantic Ocean. Not a bad package.
FROM HIGHWAY 1 OR FROM HIGHWAY 24 on the east edge of Brunswick and the Brunswick Naval Air Station, turn south on Gurnet Road (highway 24). Somewhere along the line it becomes known as the Harpswell Islands Road. You will go about 15 miles until you are at the end of the line, on Bailey Island. The parking lot will be on your right, the gift store on your left, and the ocean straight ahead!
DON'T MISS the lobsterman statue. You will see it as you look around outside the gift store.
- Pros:ITS A VERY NICE PLACE TO VISIT
- Cons:IT IS (APPROXIMATELY) A 30-MILE ROUND TRIP OFF OF HIGHWAY 1.
- In a nutshell:A FUN PLACE TO SEE, ALSO VERY RELAXING.
A NICE CONVENIENCE STORE ALONG HIGHWAY 24 GROCERIES, FOOD SERVICE, EVEN SUNDAES more travel advice
THESSE PHOTOS WERE TAKEN a few years after the first batch. These were in September 2011. more travel advice
Rich62's Related Pages
Bailey Island Travel Guide
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bailey Island
- 4 Reviews
- 15 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (146)
Have you been to Bailey Island?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bailey Island
Photos in Bailey IslandSee All Photos (15)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kearney Intro, 139 reviews, 399 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Omaha Intro, 42 reviews, 157 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lincoln Intro, 32 reviews, 120 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nebraska Intro, 36 reviews, 98 photos
- Georgetown Intro, 27 reviews, 106 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fredericksburg Intro, 19 reviews, 90 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Collins Intro, 27 reviews, 80 photos
- Boston Intro, 19 reviews, 71 photos
- Washington D.C. Intro, 17 reviews, 71 photos
- Austin Intro, 19 reviews, 69 photos