"Auburn, Indiana" Auburn by Rich62
Auburn Travel Guide: 4 reviews and 19 photos
If you enjoy seeing great old classic cars, you must visit Auburn Indiana. That is where you will find the Aubrun/Cord/Duesenburg auto museum. Its the greatest collection of classics we have ever seen, and it is located in the very factory where these cars were made. When people saw a Duesenburg roll by, they often said "Its a Duesey!"
Several older men, including this kind gentleman, will answer your questions and help in any way that they can. But the most amazing thing is this: As a teenager, this man worked on the assembly line in this factory, and in fact he helped assemble the actual car that is displayed behind him!
This is called a "boattail" design for obvious reasons.
- Pros:A great classic car center
- Cons:maybe a little off the beaten path, in northeast Indiana. But thats not all bad either!
- In a nutshell:The most beautiful automobiles I have ever seen.
WITHOUT A DOUBT, IT WAS THE AUBURN/CORD/DUESENBURG MUSEUM, featuring perfectly restored classic cars of these three... more travel advice
Rich62's Related Pages
Auburn Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Auburn
- 3 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (146)
Have you been to Auburn?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Auburn
Photos in AuburnSee All Photos (18)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kearney Intro, 139 reviews, 399 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Omaha Intro, 42 reviews, 157 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lincoln Intro, 32 reviews, 120 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nebraska Intro, 36 reviews, 98 photos
- Georgetown Intro, 27 reviews, 106 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fredericksburg Intro, 19 reviews, 90 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Collins Intro, 27 reviews, 80 photos
- Boston Intro, 19 reviews, 71 photos
- Washington D.C. Intro, 17 reviews, 71 photos
- Austin Intro, 19 reviews, 69 photos