"Eldon, Iowa" Eldon by Rich62
Eldon Travel Guide: 2 reviews and 18 photos
Eldon (seen in the lower left of the map) is just six miles south of highway 34 in southeastern Iowa. It is only a few miles west of Fairfield.
The house Grant Wood selected for his background in the famous painting still stands, and it is in Eldon. There is an outstanding visitor center there also.
see my "things to do" tips below for more photos and information.
Pictured is a less-famous house but typlical of many fine homes in Eldon.
- Pros:VERY NICE SMALL TOWN
- Cons:NO CONS
- In a nutshell:WE LIKED IT
Rich62's Related Pages
Eldon Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Eldon
- 3 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (19)
Have you been to Eldon?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Eldon
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kearney Intro, 139 reviews, 399 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Omaha Intro, 42 reviews, 157 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lincoln Intro, 32 reviews, 120 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nebraska Intro, 36 reviews, 98 photos
- Georgetown Intro, 27 reviews, 106 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fredericksburg Intro, 19 reviews, 90 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Collins Intro, 27 reviews, 80 photos
- Boston Intro, 19 reviews, 71 photos
- Washington D.C. Intro, 17 reviews, 71 photos
- Austin Intro, 19 reviews, 69 photos