"Council Bluffs, Iowa" Council Bluffs by Rich62
Council Bluffs Travel Guide: 24 reviews and 38 photos
This is a Lutheran Church in Council Bluffs, Iowa. It is made of cobblestones that had been removed from the streets of the neighborhood.
A little known fact: Abraham Lincoln once visited Council Bluffs, and looked across the Missouri River into Nebraska. This is the farthest west that he ever traveled.
In the town square is a large area devoted to honoring veterans of past wars. Several nice bronze statues are integrated into the display.
On one side of the town square is the Union Pacific Railroad Museum, housed in this building.
There are three floors of excellent exhibits, and its free!
See my "Things to Do" tips for more photos and information.
- Pros:Council Bluffs has some interesting areas
- Cons:Council Bluffs has some really trashy areas
- In a nutshell:Not my favorite town, but interesting
LIKE SIMILAR INSTITUTIONS IN OTHER STATES, THIS SCHOOL PERFORMS AN INVALUABLE SERVICE FOR ITS HEARING-IMPAIRED CITIZENS.... more travel advice
THIS FREE MUSEUM has three floors of exhibits and is very interesting. Many exhibits are interactive. more travel advice
Rich62's Related Pages
Council Bluffs Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Council Bluffs, Iowa"
- "The Historic City of Council Bluffs"
- "A Rail And River Town"
- "Basaic Council Bluffs Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Council Bluffs
- Hotels in Council Bluffs
- Restaurants in Council Bluffs
- Warnings and Dangers in Council Bluffs
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Council Bluffs
- 5 Reviews
- 21 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (18)
Have you been to Council Bluffs?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Council Bluffs
Photos in Council BluffsSee All Photos (21)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kearney Intro, 139 reviews, 399 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Omaha Intro, 42 reviews, 157 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lincoln Intro, 31 reviews, 115 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nebraska Intro, 36 reviews, 98 photos
- Georgetown Intro, 27 reviews, 106 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fredericksburg Intro, 19 reviews, 90 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Collins Intro, 27 reviews, 80 photos
- Boston Intro, 19 reviews, 71 photos
- Washington D.C. Intro, 17 reviews, 71 photos
- Austin Intro, 19 reviews, 69 photos