"Julesburg, Colorado" Julesburg by Rich62
Julesburg Travel Guide: 5 reviews and 16 photos
Julesburg is a little town of about 1300 souls. It is tucked into the northeast corner of Colorado. If you drive about two miles north, you are in Nebraska. If you drive about ten miles east, you are in Nebraska. Julesburg lies along Interstate 76, which angles northeast out of Denver. Interstate 80 is just to the north of town and the two join up a few miles east of town.
Since it is the county seat, the courthouse is located in Julesburg. Recently a new building has been added as more room was needed. I hope the peaceful quality of life comes across in this picture.
Julesburg also has a very nice city park.
The old Julesburg depot has been converted into a museum. This is located between the railroad tracks and highway 138, which is the two-lane road through town. The address is 201 West First Street.
I must explain that Julesburg holds a place in my heart because I experienced my first year of teaching in the Julesburg Schools before leaving to pursue a master's degree at the University of Northern Colorado in Greeley.
- Pros:Quiet small-town life
- Cons:Three hours from Denver
HERE ARE FIVE RANDOM SNAPSHOTS I TOOK OF THE TOWN WHERE MY WIFE AND I LIVED FOR ONE YEAR WAY BACK IN 1970. Click the... more travel advice
Rich62's Related Pages
Julesburg Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Julesburg
- 3 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (146)
Have you been to Julesburg?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Julesburg
Photos in JulesburgSee All Photos (11)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kearney Intro, 139 reviews, 399 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Omaha Intro, 42 reviews, 157 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lincoln Intro, 32 reviews, 120 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nebraska Intro, 36 reviews, 98 photos
- Georgetown Intro, 27 reviews, 106 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fredericksburg Intro, 19 reviews, 90 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Collins Intro, 27 reviews, 80 photos
- Boston Intro, 19 reviews, 71 photos
- Washington D.C. Intro, 17 reviews, 71 photos
- Austin Intro, 19 reviews, 69 photos