"Fort Collins, Colorado" Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Collins by Rich62
Fort Collins Travel Guide: 159 reviews and 284 photos
Each summer, the Colorado State University Horticulture Department conducts trials on new flower species. The resulting floral display, open to the public, is quite a sight to see.
The gardens are located on the east side of South College Avenue, which is the main north-south street through town. Just look for the school in the picture below and turn toward it.*
But how about some Fort Collins trivia, such as:
Main Street Disneyland was inspired by Old Town Fort Collins. Disney employee Harper Goff, a Ft. Collins native, showed Walt Disney his photos of Ft. Collins and Disney told him to make Main Street look like that.
The Cache la Poudre River is the only "National Wild and Scenic" designated river in Colorado.
In 2006 Money Magazine ranked Ft. Collins as "The Best Place to Live" in America. In a 2013 article, the Los Angeles Times called it the "Happiest place to live in the U.S."
Fort Collins has more restaurants per capita than any city in the United States.
The school is Fort Collins High School. Well, it used to be, now its part of Colorado State University. Anyway I went to high school here, and so did my dad. There is a new FCHS now in another part of town. But I always thought the "old" FCHS is what a classic high school should look like. Anyway, the school mascot is the "Lambkin"....thats right, a vicious, snarling baby lamb! We are the only school in the U.S. with that mascot. Our little lamb is pretty fast, too. We have won more state track and football championships than any school in Colorado.*
This is Horsetooth Mountain, just west of town. Can you see the "tooth"? Between this formation and the town of Fort Collins is a 7-mile long reservoir, Horsetooth Reservoir, which is a center for recreation activities.
Please check the Fort Collins "Travel Tips" found below.
- Pros:A fun place to visit, lots of shopping, restaurants, plus Colorado State University
- Cons:The traffic has gotten pretty thick in recent years.
- In a nutshell:This was my home town, a great place to have lived.
This great old home is named for its owner, who is responsible for assuring that Ft. Collins would have extremely wide... more travel advice
There is also a Front Range Community College in Fort Collins. more travel advice
Rich62's Related Pages
Fort Collins Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Hail to thee, our alma mater...."
- "Fort Collins, Colorado"
- "Gateway to the Front Range and Rockies"
- "New Belgium: Bikes & The German Wife Factor"
- "FORT collins"
- "Fort Collins, CO"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Fort Collins
- Hotels in Fort Collins
- Transportation in Fort Collins
- Nightlife in Fort Collins
- Restaurants in Fort Collins
- Shopping in Fort Collins
- Warnings and Dangers in Fort Collins
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Fort Collins
- 27 Reviews
- 80 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (18)
Have you been to Fort Collins?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Fort Collins
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kearney Intro, 139 reviews, 399 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Omaha Intro, 42 reviews, 157 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lincoln Intro, 31 reviews, 115 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nebraska Intro, 36 reviews, 98 photos
- Georgetown Intro, 27 reviews, 106 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fredericksburg Intro, 19 reviews, 90 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Collins Intro, 27 reviews, 80 photos
- Boston Intro, 19 reviews, 71 photos
- Washington D.C. Intro, 17 reviews, 71 photos
- Austin Intro, 19 reviews, 69 photos