"Bellinzona - capital of the canton Ticino" Top 5 Page for this destination Bellinzona by loisl
Bellinzona Travel Guide: 64 reviews and 266 photos
Once seen from the south as the "key of the Alps" and from the north as the "key to Italy", Bellinzona today still reveals to the traveller a rich historical and geographical heritage dating from the Middle Ages, which lives on behind the austere charm of this Lombard town lying in the Alpine approaches. Its importance as crossroads on the ancient Gotthard highway between the Latin civilization and the Germanic world is plain to the eye. The alleys, squares, cdourtyards and old houses relate this to the passerby, but above all it is the three majestic castles with their rugged splendour and incomparable strength that tell of centuries of history written by Romans, Lombards, Swiss and Milanese. In complete harmony with this patrimony are the modern constructions of the celebrated Ticino school of architecture which create a living bond between past, present and future. Even the most inattentive traveller cannot help but be charmed and involved.
The "el prestinee" is a mixture of Panetteria / Pasticceria / Tea Room and serves the greatest Capuccino. Make sure to... more travel advice
In 1995 a group of railway freaks started to operate the dead railway line from Castione to Cama as a museum train. They... more travel advice
loisl's Related Pages
Bellinzona Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "3 castles & more"
- "Bellinzona - capital of the canton Ticino"
- "The Ticino capital"
- "Bellinzona, the capital of Ticino"
- "City of Castle"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bellinzona
- Hotels in Bellinzona
- Transportation in Bellinzona
- Restaurants in Bellinzona
- Warnings and Dangers in Bellinzona
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bellinzona
- 10 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 11 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Bellinzona?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bellinzona
Top 10 Pages
- Maienfeld Intro, 29 reviews, 39 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Liechtenstein Intro, 19 reviews, 37 photos, 2 travelogues
- Phuket Intro, 3 reviews, 38 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vaduz Intro, 18 reviews, 22 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Weimar Intro, 11 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue
- Gaschurn Intro, 14 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Ascona Intro, 11 reviews, 22 photos
- Werdenberg Intro, 11 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- Dubai Intro, 10 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue
- Sargans Intro, 12 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue