Maienfeld Off The Beaten Path Tips by loisl
Maienfeld Off The Beaten Path: 3 reviews and 3 photos
mouse-eared bat (lat. Myotis). (c) J.Gebhard
In the church tower of Fläsch you find the largest population of mouse-eared bat’s (lat. Myotis). More then 1500 bats are living up in the roof chamber.
There is a infrared camera up in the tower and you can watch the bats on a screen on the outer side of the church. But remember, the bats are not in the tower during winter time, then they hibernate in caves, caverns and cellars.
The museum shows the history of the Fortress Luzisteig and the so called "Train", the horse transport companies.
The museum is only small, but you can also walk the Fortress nearby, see my tip "Swiss Army Training Camp Luzisteig"
Important: Check the opening hours on the website (only in German), at the moment it's only open on Saturdays during Summer (2005)
The museum is easy to find on the road from Maienfeld to Balzers, there are brown signpostings "Militarmuseum"
Here at Luzisteig (also called Luziensteig) you have the possibility to see an infantery training camp of the Swiss Army.
Unless most other army's you can walk around in the old, but still used, Fortress and also on the adjoining surroundings.
But make sure, stay on the path, and obey the signs and postings, if the barrier is closed don't cross it.
There are some informations on a website, but only in German.
The Fortress can't be missed if you drive from Maienfeld to Balzers, you will right drive tru....
There is also a museum, see next tip.
More Reviews (26)
- See All Cycling on the Rhine dam
- See All Heidi Alp
- See All Chocolate
- See All in the mood for Pizza
loisl's Related Pages
Maienfeld Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Magical Maienfeld"
- "Heidi - dream of my childhood days"
- "Heidi's House"
- "Heidi Land !"
- "Heidi's house near Maienfeld"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Maienfeld
- Hotels in Maienfeld
- Transportation in Maienfeld
- Nightlife in Maienfeld
- Restaurants in Maienfeld
- Shopping in Maienfeld
- See All...
Explore the World
- Opstina Resen Hotels
- Torbay Hotels
- Capsalay Island Hotels
- Pomona Hotels
Badges & Stats in Maienfeld
- 29 Reviews
- 39 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 27 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to Maienfeld?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Maienfeld
Top 10 Pages
- Maienfeld Intro, 29 reviews, 39 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Liechtenstein Intro, 19 reviews, 37 photos, 2 travelogues
- Phuket Intro, 3 reviews, 38 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vaduz Intro, 18 reviews, 22 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Weimar Intro, 11 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue
- Gaschurn Intro, 14 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Ascona Intro, 11 reviews, 22 photos
- Werdenberg Intro, 11 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- Dubai Intro, 10 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue
- Sargans Intro, 12 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
Travel InterestsSee All Travel Interests (5)
Latest Maienfeld hotel reviews
- 5 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Aug 10, 2012