"Heidiland" Maienfeld by loisl
Maienfeld Travel Guide: 25 reviews and 80 photos
Heidi is the most successful and best-known "literary" child of that famous Swiss author, Johanna Spyri. In the eleven decades since Heidi first appeared, her presence has continued to shine as a significant life force. Heidi has been translated into about 50 languages and printed in an equivalent number of millions of copies. Heidi has appeared in print, in film, and on television all over the world. She has maintained her character despite the changing tides of literary trends, the pointed pens and pencils of her critics, and even the generosity of her closest admirers.
The official homepage of the Heidi Village:
The regional tourism homepage:
The homepage of the greater "Heidiland"
VT member Webina has a lot of beautiful pics of the mountains around us on her page, please visit her at:
2001 a remake of the famous 1977 version of the Heidi-Comic was made in Japan.
Since then Heidi-fans from Japan are coming to Maienfeld, it's almost like a pilgrimage.
1920 the first Heidi film was produced in the USA.
1937 Shirly Temple was starring Heidi in the first soundtrack movie.
- Pros:quite, rural, real
- Cons:weather dependant
- In a nutshell:just great
In the church tower of Fläsch you find the largest population of mouse-eared bat’s (lat. Myotis). More then 1500 bats... more travel advice
as described in the previous tipps, this is a great place for joggers more travel advice
loisl's Related Pages
Maienfeld Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Magical Maienfeld"
- "Heidi - dream of my childhood days"
- "Heidi's House"
- "Heidi Land !"
- "Heidi's house near Maienfeld"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Maienfeld
- Hotels in Maienfeld
- Transportation in Maienfeld
- Nightlife in Maienfeld
- Restaurants in Maienfeld
- Shopping in Maienfeld
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Maienfeld
- 29 Reviews
- 39 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 27 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to Maienfeld?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Maienfeld
Top 10 Pages
- Maienfeld Intro, 29 reviews, 39 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Liechtenstein Intro, 19 reviews, 37 photos, 2 travelogues
- Phuket Intro, 3 reviews, 38 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vaduz Intro, 18 reviews, 22 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Weimar Intro, 11 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue
- Gaschurn Intro, 14 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Ascona Intro, 11 reviews, 22 photos
- Werdenberg Intro, 11 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- Dubai Intro, 10 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue
- Sargans Intro, 12 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue