"A Paradise" Caramoan by xynna

Caramoan Travel Guide: 157 reviews and 484 photos

The place I called paradise

I got a first glimpse of this place sometime in November last year, and there is something in this place that makes me want to come here. So I promised myself that someday I’ll have to visit this place, I even listed it on my wish list. Then one Saturday afternoon, my long time never heard about friend texted me and asking me to go online and chat with her. Then she told me she will going home to Bicol and invited me to come with her, and so the urge of going to Caramoan got into my mind, and I told her I will just come with her if we will go to Caramoan, and she just said, “OK sure why not”. Then on April 30, 2005 our trip was scheduled, we departed from Manila at 9:00PM. With the hassle of the trip (because I am not comfortable of my seat), we arrived in Naga at around 7:30AM of May 1, 2005, sleepy and excited. After a breakfast and a shower to freshen our day, we packed our things going to Caramoan. With 2 bottles of water, 2 packs of crunchy junk foods, and a pack of biscuit we set to Caramoan. We took a van going to the port of Sabang, an hour and a half of drive (nothing special on this trip, coz I just sleep). We arrived in Sabang port at almost 11:00AM and there is a pump boat waiting for passengers going to Caramoan, so we just got ourselves in the boat, then we found out later that it was already the last trip going to Caramoan,we really feel lucky and it seems that we are really meant to go there. Then after an hour and a half of pump boat ride, and after witnessing the mesmerizing beauty of the sceneries we passed by, we arrived in Caramoan at almost 12:30PM. We try to ask the pump boat men’s if what time would be the last trip going back to Sabang and they told us “2:00PM”, so of 2 hours of being in Caramoan what will we gonna do? I just don’t want my travel time would be much longer than my stay in the island, so with all the courage and guts we took chances. We first ask the local folks where Gota beach is, and they arranged a trip for us, at the cost of 220 pesos of tricycle ride going to the beach. I feel as if Im riding a rollercoaster, with all the ups, downs and bumps. Then finally we got to our destination, and I was stunned by the beauty lies in front of me. Admittedly, I was quite disappointed at first coz I’m expecting there would be a hotel or just some place where I can spent a night of good sleep since I don’t have one during our trip from Manila, but the disappointment just got out, the place is so inviting that I still can afford to have another sleepless night just to hop in the island. Then we have our lunch, with no restaurant to buy, we were contended with the century tuna in can and rice we ask from the care taker of the beach. At 2:30PM we were set to have our island hopping, (you'll love the place even more if you do this). And this time I really believe in the author of the site that convinced me. This place is so awesome, enchanting, lovely, a beauty beyond imagination, a paradise. After the island hopping we gave ourselves a time to relax and feel the beauty we have witnessed, savoring the spectacle of the island, we go swimming with the fishes and the calmness of the sea. Burried ourselves in the sand, build sandcastles and let it washed by, lie down and feel the water as it drips through our body. Indeed it was one of the best time of my life. Evening comes, and we need to get back to the cottage where we wil be spending the rest of the night. Starving and exhausted, we have our dinner cooked by the beach care taker, fresh fish from the fisherman we passed by during our island hopping, and a warm rice makes me starved even more. After a few talks with my friend, I feel sleepy and decided to rest now, with no pillows and blankets and the comfort of matrices, I find myself sleeping in a long bamboo bench attached in the cottage, with my clothes as my pillow and chilling because of the cold breeze from the sea, I still managed to have a good night.

... continuation

Morning comes and brings a very promising day, though it means of leaving. I took my last hop in the island, have breakfast and leave a promise, that someday, I'll be back there. This is the place that despite of the distance, I will still be willing to risk just to reach it.

Underwater

Corals can be seen from the boat, thats how clear the water was.

• Last visit to Caramoan: May 2005
  • Intro Updated May 20, 2005

• Jun 30, 2008 at 1:48 AM

hello... i'm going to caramoan with some friends this thursday, we're interested in the lagoon you mentioned... may we know how to get there? thanks!

• Tsikboy's Profile Photo
    Mar 15, 2008 at 4:23 AM

hi xynna..me ang my family will visit caramoan this wed. i hope i can talk to you to get some tips. thank you

• Jun 29, 2007 at 6:58 PM

thanks for visiting caramoan.....a little unknown , undiscovered paradise ..my hometown..hope youll be back with some of your friends...share to the world that theres still a place better than boracay....CARAMOAN

• joysweet's Profile Photo
    Mar 12, 2006 at 12:03 AM

hi, rhea! great page on caramoan - bicolana ako but i've yet to go there! :)

• shikokuzen's Profile Photo
    Jan 10, 2006 at 11:33 PM

Mabuhay Rhea...love the Philippines love your pictures.....keep smiling....bob

• bike_packer's Profile Photo
    Nov 16, 2005 at 12:35 AM

hi rhea, caramoan is on the top5 of my wish-to-explore list. seems you had a great time there. cant control my eagerness to see the place.

xynna

“"With nature we find peace and love for with nature GOD speaks of HIS perfection"”

Badges & Stats in Caramoan

Have you been to Caramoan?

Latest Activity in Caramoan