"Skiing at Nagano" Nagano by vic&michael
Nagano Travel Guide: 81 reviews and 184 photos
A group of JETs (English teachers in Japan from all over the world) decided to go skiing in the weekend of March 12-13th. We set off in the bus, late Friday night from Kyoto Station and arrived at our hotel (Shiga Lake Hotel) around 7:30am Saturday. We easily hired skis, snowboards, ski-suits, etc from the hotel. Cramming our luggage into hotel lockers, as it was too early to check-in, we started skiing. The ski field was larger than anything I have seen in New Zealand. Then, I found out that we were on the largest ski field in Japan! The map of the mountains was a complicated mass of colored lines and symbols! However, with some help, I found the beginner's slopes and started off. I haven't skiied for 8 years, so I was rather rusty...
Michael tried snowboarding, and found that he spent more time on his ass than standing up! haha, but he did get much better with practice.
Read my pages to find out more about shiga-kogen ski field, our hotel, and travelogue photos of the crazy group of English teachers on holiday!
I bought this Hello Kitty Mug at the souvenir shop in the Shiga Lake Hotel where I stayed. It shows Hello Kitty skiing,... more travel advice
Shiga Kogen is the largest ski resort in Japan! Well, it actually comprises of 3 mountain peaks with all the different... more travel advice
vic&michael's Related Pages
Nagano Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Nagano Livin'"
- "Hakuba and Nagano City"
- "Snow Monkeys"
- "Skiing at Nagano"
- "Nagano - Snow Monkeys, Soba and Miso Ice Cream"
- "Ski The Far East"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Nagano
- Hotels in Nagano
- Transportation in Nagano
- Nightlife in Nagano
- Restaurants in Nagano
- Shopping in Nagano
- Warnings and Dangers in Nagano
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Nagano
- 4 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Nagano?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Nagano
Top 10 Pages
- Kyoto Intro, 29 reviews, 72 photos, 5 travelogues
- Beijing Intro, 28 reviews, 25 photos, 1 travelogue
- Osaka Intro, 8 reviews, 28 photos, 3 travelogues
- Nara Intro, 5 reviews, 28 photos, 4 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 10 reviews, 19 photos
- Christchurch Intro, 8 reviews, 20 photos
- Phuket Intro, 4 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Hiroshima Intro, 6 reviews, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Malapascua Island Intro, 8 reviews, 9 photos
- Nagano Intro, 4 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue