"Skiing at Nagano" Nagano by vic&michael

Nagano Travel Guide: 81 reviews and 184 photos

Weekend Ski Trip

A group of JETs (English teachers in Japan from all over the world) decided to go skiing in the weekend of March 12-13th. We set off in the bus, late Friday night from Kyoto Station and arrived at our hotel (Shiga Lake Hotel) around 7:30am Saturday. We easily hired skis, snowboards, ski-suits, etc from the hotel. Cramming our luggage into hotel lockers, as it was too early to check-in, we started skiing. The ski field was larger than anything I have seen in New Zealand. Then, I found out that we were on the largest ski field in Japan! The map of the mountains was a complicated mass of colored lines and symbols! However, with some help, I found the beginner's slopes and started off. I haven't skiied for 8 years, so I was rather rusty...

Michael tried snowboarding, and found that he spent more time on his ass than standing up! haha, but he did get much better with practice.

Read my pages to find out more about shiga-kogen ski field, our hotel, and travelogue photos of the crazy group of English teachers on holiday!

• Last visit to Nagano: Mar 2005
  • Intro Updated Mar 24, 2005

Comments

vic&michael

“It is better to light one small candle than to curse the darkness.”

Badges & Stats in Nagano